Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:40 pm
Posts: 16
Hi WW,

Anyone have experience riding all three model:

Storck Aernario Platinum: Less reviewed online but premium price
Colnago C60: Best of the Best Hand made frame with less weakness
Bianchi Speciallissima: BikeRadar: Won SuperBike of the year 2016

All seems to be much All-Rounder/Endurance Race bike geometry.

Maybe give us some insight which one would you buy (if you have the money) for and why?

Lets discuss away~~~ :D


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:34 pm
Posts: 62
Bianchi classifies Speciallissima as a "racing" style bike and the geometry is virtually identical (reach/stack +/- 2mm in each size) to the XR4. It is definitely not quite race geometry in my opinion.

But I love that frame and want it in my life very badly!!!

Mark

_________________
My 2015 Cervelo R3 - 7.37kg


Top
   
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:34 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:53 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Expat in Washington DC
Am demoing an Aernario in a weeks time, interested in the geometry..... so a timely thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:40 pm
Posts: 16
corky wrote:
Am demoing an Aernario in a weeks time, interested in the geometry..... so a timely thread


Do love to hear review from you :)

Read from a review Aenario geometry is not for everyone. Not to sure if it true or not.

Side not, I just spoke to a bike fitter today and mentioned that Colnago C60 is not well optimised for asian?
Do you guys agree with this statement?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:23 am
Posts: 1272
Location: Pack filler
lowside67 wrote:
Bianchi classifies Speciallissima as a "racing" style bike and the geometry is virtually identical (reach/stack +/- 2mm in each size) to the XR4. It is definitely not quite race geometry in my opinion.

But I love that frame and want it in my life very badly!!!

Mark



What makes you think it isnt race geometry? Its longer and lower than most equivalent mainstream brands (trek, giant etc).
From what i can see its practically the same (at least in smaller sizes) as the C60.
Its typical Italian geo- wont bite you by the balls when you're knackered, and stable.
From what i've read, the ride quality isn't great though. I'll stick with my oltre :)

I dont know how the Storck compares; geo has always been screwy, and its a case of either " i have one and i love it" or " i tried it, but it was all wrong"...

_________________
Official cafe stop tester


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm
Posts: 338
bryrene wrote:
corky wrote:
Am demoing an Aernario in a weeks time, interested in the geometry..... so a timely thread


Do love to hear review from you :)

Read from a review Aenario geometry is not for everyone. Not to sure if it true or not.

Side not, I just spoke to a bike fitter today and mentioned that Colnago C60 is not well optimised for asian?
Do you guys agree with this statement?


As I live in Thailand, I can confidently say that this statement is rubbish.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 am
Posts: 145
Location: Hampshire, England
bryrene wrote:
corky wrote:
Am demoing an Aernario in a weeks time, interested in the geometry..... so a timely thread


Do love to hear review from you :)

Read from a review Aenario geometry is not for everyone. Not to sure if it true or not.

Side not, I just spoke to a bike fitter today and mentioned that Colnago C60 is not well optimised for asian?
Do you guys agree with this statement?


I suggest getting a new bike fitter.

Like 'Asian' has one physique. FFS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:34 pm
Posts: 62
jekyll man wrote:
lowside67 wrote:
Bianchi classifies Speciallissima as a "racing" style bike and the geometry is virtually identical (reach/stack +/- 2mm in each size) to the XR4. It is definitely not quite race geometry in my opinion.

But I love that frame and want it in my life very badly!!!

Mark



What makes you think it isnt race geometry? Its longer and lower than most equivalent mainstream brands (trek, giant etc).
From what i can see its practically the same (at least in smaller sizes) as the C60.
Its typical Italian geo- wont bite you by the balls when you're knackered, and stable.
From what i've read, the ride quality isn't great though. I'll stick with my oltre :)

I dont know how the Storck compares; geo has always been screwy, and its a case of either " i have one and i love it" or " i tried it, but it was all wrong"...

I actually intended to post the complete opposite... apparently I was tired last night. My point was with similar geometry to the XR4 it is hardly endurance oriented.

Cheers

_________________
My 2015 Cervelo R3 - 7.37kg


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm
Posts: 1055
the Storck may fit you better if you have a longer torso and shorter legs. but really, these 3 bikes are not in the same category. the Storck is more of an aero bike. if that's what you're looking for, you should consider the Colnago aero...apples to apples.
like others have said...Asian fit is and shouldn't be an issue. you should fit any bike frame you want, given if they have small sizes if you're on the shorter side.

if you're looking for an all rounder...the Specialized Tarmac or Parlee Z5 (used) or Parlee Altum are great allrounder bikes...and most likely less stiff than an aero bike like the Storck you're looking at. the C60 is a great allrounder as well. all depends on what you want out of the bike and how tolerant you are with the stiffness level.

_________________
- AX Lightness Vial EVO D + DA9070 + Enve SES 3.4 carbon hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 carbon hubs
- Parlee ESX + DA9070 + THM SRM PM + Enve SES 6.7 CK hubs
- Independent Fabrication Ti FLW + Campy SR11 + Enve 3.4 CK hubs


Last edited by kode54 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:48 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Geneva, IL, USA
Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but I think this is a common case of brand attraction. I can't comment on the specific models as I don't have specific knowledge thereof. But, it seems to me that all 3 have strong brand profiles that either attract you or not.

Full disclosure: I ride a Storck. Why? Can't really say other than I was attracted to the brand and the bike fit my needs.

FWIW: here is a pro review of the Storck. In a nutshell, they say it is very good and equally expensive. http://road.cc/content/review/115400-st ... -road-bike

_________________
2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:34 pm
Posts: 708
If you are looking at the C60 the better Storck comparo would be the New Fascenario 0.3.

They went to town on making it comfortable/aero and stiff.

It's more comfortable than an Aernario, much better Aero and sitffer in the BB.

It's Storck's top bike.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:45 am
Posts: 346
I really don't think you will find many people who have ridden all 3 and can provide any meanigfull feedback from a comparative perspective. I really don't think you can go wrong with a choice like this and your decision would come down to 1. Fit - can you replicate your fit without needing a spacer tower or other compromise component wise. 2. Design Choices - things like BB standard, seat post size, brake mount, cable routing ect. Do you like what they have done with these? Will your existing components work? 3. Aesthetics - what do you like best? What will make you want to ride it? 4. Cost/Purchase - is one significantly cheaper, more accessible for demo or for purchase in your LBS. What will you have to do if you require a warranty or crash replacement?

I have a Stork Aernario in a size 57. I really like it. I'm not going to try and tell you it's the best of your choices that it's a sound choice if it works for you. I wouldn't call it an aero bike as another poster has, it has some aero styling but it certainly looks more traditional in terms of tubing than what I would class as an 'Aero' bike. Build quality is excellent, although I would recommend staying away from the matte paint, it is super tough to keep clean. I use a light polish to assist here. If you are using an electronic groupset it is slightly annoying they don't provide colour matched plugs for the mechanical routing. I used some white Sugru to fashion my own which wasn't expensive but something I don't think we should have to resort to. The ride is excellent, its firm but not jarring, it's agile and towards the fast handling end of the spectrum if thats your thing. I also find it stiff enough for me at the pointy end of races. I take it you have read the Cycling Tips review of the bike?

https://cyclingtips.com/2014/02/storck-aernario-review/


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:27 am
Posts: 10
I'll say this, after cracking my second Bianchi Infinito CV frame in less than two years, I'd be a bit cautious of that brand due to potential QC issues. I'm 178lbs and am very easy on my equipment. Add to it that they did not stand behind their product on the second frame failure. I'm not sure if the CV fiber is the issue or just my bad luck.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:26 am
Posts: 247
I would agree with the above comments on Storck; stiff (not to the point of uncomfortable), unusual geometry (I have very short legs), very good build quality. You may want to look at Fascinario, like the other commenter said; it is their new flagship.

I own three Storcks so needle to say, I like the brand. If I were you, I would still go to a bike fitter and see if Storck's geometry will work for you first.


Top
   
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:20 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:40 pm
Posts: 16
Fixie82 wrote:
I really don't think you will find many people who have ridden all 3 and can provide any meanigfull feedback from a comparative perspective. I really don't think you can go wrong with a choice like this and your decision would come down to 1. Fit - can you replicate your fit without needing a spacer tower or other compromise component wise. 2. Design Choices - things like BB standard, seat post size, brake mount, cable routing ect. Do you like what they have done with these? Will your existing components work? 3. Aesthetics - what do you like best? What will make you want to ride it? 4. Cost/Purchase - is one significantly cheaper, more accessible for demo or for purchase in your LBS. What will you have to do if you require a warranty or crash replacement?

I have a Stork Aernario in a size 57. I really like it. I'm not going to try and tell you it's the best of your choices that it's a sound choice if it works for you. I wouldn't call it an aero bike as another poster has, it has some aero styling but it certainly looks more traditional in terms of tubing than what I would class as an 'Aero' bike. Build quality is excellent, although I would recommend staying away from the matte paint, it is super tough to keep clean. I use a light polish to assist here. If you are using an electronic groupset it is slightly annoying they don't provide colour matched plugs for the mechanical routing. I used some white Sugru to fashion my own which wasn't expensive but something I don't think we should have to resort to. The ride is excellent, its firm but not jarring, it's agile and towards the fast handling end of the spectrum if thats your thing. I also find it stiff enough for me at the pointy end of races. I take it you have read the Cycling Tips review of the bike?

https://cyclingtips.com/2014/02/storck-aernario-review/


Looking at the geometry it seems that Aernario suited for slightly aero compared to the longer head tube which appear to be more upright position on Fascenario?

Honestly, looking at Storck is almost looking like Canyon bike. Simple, standard color and geometry almost look the same.
Canyon also create all-rounder. however, the price is a huge different.

Thanks again for the input!


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago C60 or Bianchi Oltre XR4?

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 ]

in Road

Noctiluxx

56

4791

Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:42 pm

nismosr View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Super vs Colnago Master X-light

in Road

Kupepe

0

978

Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Kupepe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Super vs Colnago Master X-light

in Road

Kupepe

5

2125

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:19 am

Zakalwe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi XR4, XR3 differences

in Road

r_mutt

12

646

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:16 pm

JOrange View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Bianchi Oltre XR3

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

thebucket

37

8299

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:59 pm

TonyM View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 3Pio, Baidu [Spider], shivatron, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited