Sram eTap cranksets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

deek

by deek

Juanmoretime wrote:Without doing any research myself I'm surprised the new Red does not have a removable spider. I have 2017 Force on my tt bike and it has a removable spider. Bought new and not O.E.M.

nickf wrote:Just got these last week. BB386 spindle, it's just BB30 with a longer spindle. Definitely heavier then exogram but its power ready which is nice. Putting extralite rings on to make up for the weight penalty.

If you aren't planning on using a powermeter, the integrated spider cranks are significantly lighter. And not that much more expensive to my knowledge.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

nickf wrote:Just got these last week. BB386 spindle, it's just BB30 with a longer spindle. Definitely heavier then exogram but its power ready which is nice. Putting extralite rings on to make up for the weight penalty.

depends how much the removed spider weighs but ....

would be interested how it stacks up with Force....

ball park numbers/estimates
470+130 (power spider)+160(rings bolts) is not far off what i think a P2M Force would weigh (i think).

for reference Rotor 3D24+P2M+Praxis (compact) = ~800g

ergott

by ergott

I can do some weights soon. I have Quarq Red and P2M on Force cranks and I have to swap some things around.

ergott

by ergott

Here's one data point.

Red Quarq GXP 130BCD 170mm arms.

ergott

by ergott

My Red DZero was only 10-15g lighter (forget what spacers I had on when I weighted them.

This one is BB30 130BCD 170mm ams. I thought they would have been significantly lighter.

nickf

by nickf

I'm going with a standard threaded BB. This BB386 with a longer spindle will allow me to run it in a 68mm shell with threaded BB386 cups. I'm more then likely gong to get power sooner then later.

nickf

by nickf

This BB386 setup with extralite rings Is going to be around 60g heavier. That's comparing it against a standard gxp exogram with the same rings.

marcelfacd

by marcelfacd

Hi,

Where dit you got these, been searching for them but they all seem to be out of stock and no one knows if they will come again ;-(.... BB386 is not even mentioned on the SRAM site !

sp3000

by sp3000

I made the mistake of getting the BB30 Sram red cranks before I got my Dzero with the 386, the whole ordering thing got quite confused and they offered me a return no worries, but after expensive postage back to Germany from Australia I decided to keep the chainrings and sell the cranks. So I'm now left with a brand new in the box set of 172.5mm 130BCD BB30 Sram red with etap graphics integrated cranks. I'll use the chainrings for the Dzero when it arrives, but if anyone want the cranks I'd be happy to do a sweet deal on them to a good home. PM me if you need them.

nickf

by nickf

marcelfacd wrote:

Hi,

Where dit you got these, been searching for them but they all seem to be out of stock and no one knows if they will come again ;-(.... BB386 is not even mentioned on the SRAM site !

I know our supplier has them in stock through the shop I'm at. Mine are 172.5 110bcd the SRAM part number is
00.6118.446.002 their description says its exogram but it is in fact not.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

nickf wrote:I know our supplier has them in stock through the shop I'm at. Mine are 172.5 110bcd the SRAM part number is

Yep, they are not Exogram. You can tell by looking at the NDS arm - it has that little metal lip between the arm and the spindle. The Exogram cranks do not have that. (See the picture Deek posted of the 371g set of Red 22 BB30 cranks.)

jeffy

by jeffy

i wonder if the "power ready" removable spider works with P2Max Sram. I think not as the DZero cranks have different attachment : (

nickf

by nickf

These are a new 8 bolt spider to crank interface.

deek

by deek

topflightpro wrote:
nickf wrote:I know our supplier has them in stock through the shop I'm at. Mine are 172.5 110bcd the SRAM part number is

Yep, they are not Exogram. You can tell by looking at the NDS arm - it has that little metal lip between the arm and the spindle. The Exogram cranks do not have that. (See the picture Deek posted of the 371g set of Red 22 BB30 cranks.)

Exogram just means hollow carbon. All of the Red branded cranks are hollow but the design of the removable spider ones is much heavier.

mattinnc

by mattinnc

I ended up getting a Red 10sp crankset, non-Exogram. Here are the weights, with and without the chainrings.

I'll keep looking to see if I can find an Exogram at the right price, save the weight! ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com