Campagnolo Ultra torque advise

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tricky1

by Tricky1

I'm running a 2011 Campy SR UT crankset, and I am unsure if their newer 4 arm cranks are compatible with my current BB? I assume that the Ultra Torque on the newer 4 arm cranks are the same?
Also curious if the chainrings present and shifting issues with my older gruppo?
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kupepe

by Kupepe

2011-2014 groupsets are not compatible with 2015 onwards groupsets according to Campy.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

UT is UT the new cranks will fit and work perfectly

AZK

by AZK

Riding a 135BCD SR Ti crank with the Rev+ 11s SR. Shift perfectly as sugarkane mentions above.

Campagnolo only advice that you don't mix the shiftset eg. pre 2015 derailleurs with post 2015 ERGOs. Other than that everything else merges perfectly.

Tricky1

by Tricky1

Thanks all.

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

Kupepe wrote:2011-2014 groupsets are not compatible with 2015 onwards groupsets according to Campy.

Incorrect, though a widely-held misconception.

2014 and previous shifters and 2015 and later CH, RE and SR derailleurs are not compatible, all other parts will work at least as well together as the oldest component in the combination. You just won't get the full advantage of the full system ... although in fact a 2015+ crankset with a 2014- FD should work slightly better than the previous model as the big chainring has increased lateral rigidity by comparison to the 5-arm crankset.
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com