Colnago steel - From 10s to 11s .. what to watch out for ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kupepe

by Kupepe

Goodmorning,

For no practical, apparent reason I decided to switch the groupset installed in my Colnago Super. I am switching from Campy 10s to a mix of Record11/SR11.

My main concern is what to watch out for when installing the 11s cassette (if i need to watch out for something), as far as the the space needed between the two rear triangles.

I would not like to cause some damage to the frame, or the joints by stressing it too much for the rear wheel installment.

Thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I'm not familiar with campy 10&11 speed details but on shimano/sram it's like this. Going from 10 to 11 doesnt alter the width of the wheel.

As long as your freehub (rear wheel hub) supports an 11 speed cassette (by removing a spacer) then the last cog should be in the same place as the last cog on your 10 speed cassette.

The width has been the same for a long time. The dishing of the drive side spokes is what has allowed the width increase of the cassette.

/a

jih

by jih

alcatraz wrote:I'm not familiar with campy 10&11 speed details but on shimano/sram it's like this. Going from 10 to 11 doesnt alter the width of the wheel.

As long as your freehub (rear wheel hub) supports an 11 speed cassette (by removing a spacer) then the last cog should be in the same place as the last cog on your 10 speed cassette.

/a

On Campag there is no spacer to remove. The 11s and 10s freehubs are the same.

duvivr6

by duvivr6

Nothing to watch out for really, it should all go as the 10 speed did. Have fun!

shimmeD

by shimmeD

11s cassette does not go onto my 2002 Proton.
Less is more.