Which other frames have the same geometry as the Colnago C60?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

Hi,

I am looking for a new rain/ winter bike as my 25 y.o Colnago Dream may not last forever and I would like to keep the same geometry than my Colnago C60.

But which other bike manufacturers have frames with a similar geometry as the Colnago C60?

Here the geometry of my C60 in 48 S:

Size 48s

Ps 480
Os 520
Pccs 455
Scs 121
Sc° 74.58°
A 584
C 402
Hs 127
Ss° 71,52°
Bb drop 69

P 520
O 530

Stack 528
Reach 383

Fiery

by Fiery

How similar is similar enough? I.e, are you primarily looking for the contract points to match, or do you want it to really feel and handle the same as the Colnago?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

Fiery wrote:How similar is similar enough? I.e, are you primarily looking for the contract points to match, or do you want it to really feel and handle the same as the Colnago?

The best would be both of course... :lol: LOL....

Otherwise I would say the "feel and handle" would be more important especially in terms of the seat tube angle etc... as I don't want to train the whole winter my muscles on that bike and then to have to adapt my muscles again on my C60.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

C-RS 1mm different in XY. Angles are the same. Hard to go past that.
The free account at velogicfit.com will let you compare frames to your hearts content (over 12,000 sizes)
TonyM.JPG

kgt

by kgt

None has the same geometry. That's one of the reasons Colnagos are so good.

Fiery

by Fiery

TonyM wrote:The best would be both of course... :lol: LOL....

Otherwise I would say the "feel and handle" would be more important especially in terms of the seat tube angle etc... as I don't want to train the whole winter my muscles on that bike and then to have to adapt my muscles again on my C60.

Another Colnago would be the best choice then. A Strada SL would probably be best for a winter beater, and it's almost identical to the C60, literally no more than 2 mm off in key measurements. It's been discontinued this year, but that will make it even cheaper if you can find one - sell off the groupset and anything else you don't need from the factory build and it should cost no more than $800. Failing that, the new A1r in size 46 is not really identical to the 48s C60, but it is certainly closer than any other manufacturer's offering.

TonyM

by TonyM

cyclenutnz wrote:...
The free account at velogicfit.com will let you compare frames to your hearts content (over 12,000 sizes)

Thanks! I will check on that website!

TonyM

by TonyM

Fiery wrote:
TonyM wrote:The best would be both of course... :lol: LOL....

Another Colnago would be the best choice then. A Strada SL would probably be best for a winter beater, and it's almost identical to the C60, literally no more than 2 mm off in key measurements. It's been discontinued this year, but that will make it even cheaper if you can find one - sell off the groupset and anything else you don't need from the factory build and it should cost no more than $800. Failing that, the new A1r in size 46 is not really identical to the 48s C60, but it is certainly closer than any other manufacturer's offering.

Yes indeed a good option - however I also was contemplating having some disc brakes for the winter/ rain.

jeffy

by jeffy

in some sizes an h2 emonda (alr/sl) gets pretty close

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm at the other end of the size spectrum as the OP but was in exactly the same boat. I wanted a dedicated rain bike that would take full fenders and 25mm tubulars and ride just like my best road bikes. Trek Emonda was it. A 60 Trek is almost identical to my 61 C59. Top tube=586mm on both. Seat tube angle the same on both. Some differences in headtube angle and fork offset but I've yet to conclude which one is actually better in the handling department. But tire clearance allowed for full fenders and super clean mounting on the SL Emonda. Headtube is a little long on the H2, a little short on the H1, but you can choose which one works best for you. Super riding bike. After all these years I finally have a dedicated rain bike that rides every bit as good as my Colnagos. And I could get a fleet of them for the price of a Colnago. Nothing but good things to say about this bike. Builds up really easy as well with good sound cable routing. Everything works. And works well.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

moonoi

by moonoi

Agree with Calnago, I have a 56s C60 and a 60H2 fit Trek Madone 9 (previously had the same Emonda SL as Calnago), and if you're looking for something that rides just as well, you can't go wrong with the Trek.

My winter beater/training bike is a Specialized Allez Sprint in a 58, but that is also a far more aggressive fit than the Trek, compared to the C60, and rides very differently (but in a good way).

Marin

by Marin

Umm as long as the top tube has the same length and rake and steering angle are similar you'll be able to adjust any bike to fit and it will feel the same. That's why saddles, seatposts, stems, bars, levers etc. are all adjustable.

Different tires will change the handling more than a few mm or 1/10° here or there.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

You can get the exact same "fit" on many frames, some with radically different geometries. As @Marin says, everything is adjustable and there are many choices for bars, stems, saddles etc. But just because you can get the same fit does not mean they will ride the same or feel the same handling wise. That's why I'm so impressed with the Emonda. Then there's the aesthetics of a bicycle. You can do goofy things aesthetically and still have a perfect fitting bicycle. Whether you can live with that is another matter.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kingfishr

by kingfishr

A summary I made while I was looking:
Stack_reach2_comp.jpg

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

I've known of people who take the published geometry of their Colnago and contract with Seven Cycles to build a custom bike using those measurements.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com