Deda SuperZero and Garmin

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jbrandt

by jbrandt

Is anyone running a Deda SuperZero Stem and Bar combo with an out-front Garmin mount? There does not appear to be enough room between the stem and the aero portion of the bars to install a mount. I would love to be able to confirm this before buying. (My real interest is being able to run a Wahoo Bolt mount with the configuration, but I thought I might get more hits with Garmin users right now.)

newforker

by newforker

It was quite a tight fit on my Superzero bar. I do recall that I was able to get it to fit but it the Garmin wasnt centred over the wheel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jbrandt

by jbrandt

Thanks, newforker. Can you tell me if you were using the plastic Garmin mount that comes with the computer, a K-edge mount, a BarFly, or some other out-front mount? I want to verify the width against my Wahoo mount. Thanks again for your reply.

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Love the SuperZero bars. I'm running them with the SuperZero stem and a K-Edge XL Garmin mount which is a great improvement on the standard out front mount Garmin imho. No problems at all.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I'm using this bar and stem with a Bar Fly SLi 2.0 and it fits perfectly, no problem:

rlanger

by rlanger

I am running the setup with the Garmin out front mount with no problem whatsoever.

However, recently backed this Kickstarter mount to clean up the front end a bit because the Superzero bar and stem combo is just too nice to muck up with that Garmin mount!

http://www.f3cycling.com/formmount-system

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

rlanger wrote:I am running the setup with the Garmin out front mount with no problem whatsoever.

However, recently backed this Kickstarter mount to clean up the front end a bit because the Superzero bar and stem combo is just too nice to muck up with that Garmin mount!

http://www.f3cycling.com/formmount-system

Snap, I just bought one of those too for my superzero stem and bar. Think it will look super nice and tidy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrimO

by PrimO

My Garmin out front mount fits perfectly on my Superzero bars & Zero 1 stem.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Get a fetha adjustable out front mount. They are great.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rlanger

by rlanger

shinzomaeda wrote:
Snap, I just bought one of those too for my superzero stem and bar. Think it will look super nice and tidy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, can't wait to receive it. They are starting to ship out to Kickstarter backers now so it shouldn't be long. Love the fact that I get both Wahoo and Garmin compatibility with a GoPro mount to boot to mount my light underneath. Really nice!

sharoonas

by sharoonas

Guys, does anyone have this issue with mismatching colors of carbon bar and stem?

BRM

by BRM

Where did you bought the handlebar? Ebay?

sharoonas

by sharoonas

No, not ebay - merlincycles.com

sharoonas

by sharoonas

Just doesn't look right to me, it's even worse in fresh under natural light. Contacted Merlincycles, so let's see what they say.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

sharoonas wrote:Guys, does anyone have this issue with mismatching colors of carbon bar and stem?

Yes, I had the same issue. You probably got the bars I returned :wink:

Deda seem to have changed the finish on the black/silver bars. Instead I bought a set of the black/red bars. The carbon is a lot darker and a better match.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com