Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:40 pm
Posts: 16
Mr.Gib wrote:
Bryrene - that photo says it all. If your measurements are the same as Chazmtb than IMO the 48s is your best size. That bike setup looks very balanced.

OTOH, if you has some strange fit issue that we're not getting (your info keeps evolving :? ) than perhaps you do need the 45s. Certainly you could make it work but from the info provided the 48s seems the best bet.


Most probably a size 48 I will go for!

Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate it.

BTW, I would not want to create another topic. I was thinking of Bianchi Specialissima and Oltre XR4.

Maybe you guys could give me some feedback which sizing work better on me.
I check for Oltre XR4 geometry and Stack/Reach, it seems like size 53 would suit me most? but I'm seeking for more opinion.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:47 am
Posts: 27
I recommend 42s.


Top
   
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:14 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:59 am
Posts: 143
I'm 172cm with 77cm inseam, current saddle height is 69.5cm (but thats on a cyclocross) and it looks like the general consensus is 48S.

I can't test the bike, actually, its frame only, what would a 50S feel like? reach is the same but longer top tube by 10mm...so more outstretched, stack is 19mm longer...

here are the basic stats...
48S: 528stack, 383reach, 530 horizontal top tube, 540actual top tube, head tube 127
50S: 547stack, 383reach, 540 horizontal top tube, 538actual top tube, head tube 145

_________________
Oltre XR3, Diverge DSW


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1068
Deleted


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 794
And maybe will help how my handlebar/saddle look on my 50S.

And im 175cm, 82.5 inseam, stem is 110, have 10mm spacers under the stem.

Now experimenting with handlebar, probably the shifter angle will be lower (and maybe i'll add 2 mm spacer under the stem)
ImageImage
Image
Image


Last edited by 3Pio on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 504
Looks like you have the equivalent of 2cm in spacers with the tall bearing cover. I have similar.

I'm 178cm/5'10", 81.8cm/32.2" inseam and I would ride a 48s with a 120mm stem and between 1.5-2cm of spacers including the bearing cover. Alternatively, I could also ride a 53t with a slightly smaller spacer stack. Currently ride a 54cm Emonda H1 with 526mm frame stack and 390mm frame reach.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 794
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Looks like you have the equivalent of 2cm in spacers with the tall bearing cover. I have similar.

I'm 178cm/5'10", 81.8cm/32.2" inseam and I would ride a 48s with a 120mm stem and between 1.5-2cm of spacers including the bearing cover. Alternatively, I could also ride a 53t with a slightly smaller spacer stack. Currently ride a 54cm Emonda H1 with 526mm frame stack and 390mm frame reach.
What is ur bb to saddle height?

And seem u are better flexibility then im

Probably will try some Yoga this winter to try to improve my flexibility which was never been good...


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:14 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 504
3Pio wrote:
And seem u are better flexibility then im

Probably will try some Yoga this winter to try to improve my flexibility which was never been good...


I bet my saddle height is actually significantly lower than yours at 70.8cm. I rotate my pelvis/hips quite a bit forward and it does weird things to my dynamic leg angles.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 794
TobinHatesYou wrote:
3Pio wrote:
And seem u are better flexibility then im

Probably will try some Yoga this winter to try to improve my flexibility which was never been good...


I bet my saddle height is actually significantly lower than yours at 70.8cm. I rotate my pelvis/hips quite a bit forward and it does weird things to my dynamic leg angles.


My saddle is 72.6 cm in this moment (i realized depend from the cycling shorts as well, im using between 72.4 to 72.7 cm) with 52mm setback

Also interested, what is ur saddle setback?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:41 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 504
3Pio wrote:
My saddle is 72.6 cm in this moment (i realized depend from the cycling shorts as well, im using between 72.4 to 72.7 cm) with 52mm setback

Also interested, what is ur saddle setback?


-84mm setback, -1deg saddle angle, 570mm handlebar reach, -70mm handlebar drop.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 794
TobinHatesYou wrote:
3Pio wrote:
My saddle is 72.6 cm in this moment (i realized depend from the cycling shorts as well, im using between 72.4 to 72.7 cm) with 52mm setback

Also interested, what is ur saddle setback?


-84mm setback, -1deg saddle angle, 570mm handlebar reach, -70mm handlebar drop.


The main difference between u and me is setback (84 mm vs 52 mm, which is 32mm), and handlebar reach because of that (570 mm vs mine 532). The recommended handlebar drop for me is 60mm, but i just measure it 64, and ill go for 62mm)

I wonder with 84mm, do u get KOPS (KneeOverPedalAxle) position? I have long femurs and if i try to reach KOPS, then everything else is ruined (the saddle too low, and to much setback), so that was one of the biggest advantage i got from my fitting.. To dont go for KOPS :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:05 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 504
I don't care about KOPS and I also like my cleats jammed all the way back...Giro shoes are especially good for this.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 794
TobinHatesYou wrote:
I don't care about KOPS and I also like my cleats jammed all the way back...Giro shoes are especially good for this.


Yeah.. Im riding like that. Cleats jammed all the way back.. Also experimenting with Q Factor. As first i was riding wide because of knee pain, now im riding with narrow (not the narrowest cleat position, but more on narrow side).

Also shifters toed in a little bit, but probably i'll try neutral


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:59 am
Posts: 143
3Pio wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
I don't care about KOPS and I also like my cleats jammed all the way back...Giro shoes are especially good for this.


Yeah.. Im riding like that. Cleats jammed all the way back.. Also experimenting with Q Factor. As first i was riding wide because of knee pain, now im riding with narrow (not the narrowest cleat position, but more on narrow side).

Also shifters toed in a little bit, but probably i'll try neutral


Cant quite see, you have campagnolo Record groupset?
how do you like it with the C60?

I'm thinking of Chorus vs Ultegra 8000. Theres a thread on Chorus on C60 being 'noisy', how's yours? True to the 'Campagnolo needs to be broken in'?

_________________
Oltre XR3, Diverge DSW


Top
   
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:27 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 794
Boshk wrote:
3Pio wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
I don't care about KOPS and I also like my cleats jammed all the way back...Giro shoes are especially good for this.


Yeah.. Im riding like that. Cleats jammed all the way back.. Also experimenting with Q Factor. As first i was riding wide because of knee pain, now im riding with narrow (not the narrowest cleat position, but more on narrow side).

Also shifters toed in a little bit, but probably i'll try neutral


Cant quite see, you have campagnolo Record groupset?
how do you like it with the C60?

I'm thinking of Chorus vs Ultegra 8000. Theres a thread on Chorus on C60 being 'noisy', how's yours? True to the 'Campagnolo needs to be broken in'?


Yes, im using Campagnolo Record Groupset except cassette which is Chorus. Also Campagnolo Veloce on the old bike (Pinarello FP3). (i can not detect any big functional difference between those two. I have old Veloce where u can shift few gears at once).

On C60 and Campy Record i use here, i have about 8500 km for now, in different kind of weather including a lot of climbing. It was a little problematic until i dialed H and B Screws on the RD, but im very satisfied for now. There was once Chain drop in the BB area (it damaged my paint, but i repair it with nail lacquere), but the problem was in LBS who did not adjust the FD properly (i adjusted my self, and no problems since. Im so sorry my self that i did not check first my self and just trust to their setting.)

The noise i get is if i use Big Ring in the Front and Big Ring in the rear (there is some short hill but high grade, and just sprint them like this and not going Lower Ring in the front). Otherwise not noise

But i think u should choose the groupset based on anatomy and which one u prefer. For example, i can not stand Shimano levers flapping while braking on downhill, and prefer Campagnolo solid feel with separate controls for shifting/braking. Also the whole ergonomy for me is better (i can reach shifting in every handlebar position, and i like the crisp clear feel of shifting). The bonus is that someohow C60 look better with Campy vs Shimano. As first i wanted Chours groupset my self, but got offer for Record, so could not ressist :)

If im buying again, i'll use the same combination i have, except crankset. Probably i'll get Campagnolo Super Record Crankset for better bearings (mine in the drive axle is worn out, and need to replace them soon) and lower weight. But this will also depend of what kind of power meter and IF power meter at all...


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Colnago CX Zero evo bb cable guide

in Road

silvalis

10

876

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:51 am

tjjclayton View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Another Colnago C60 sizing...sorry

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Boshk

16

1132

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:18 am

Boshk View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago C60 Sizing help - Slope or Traditional?

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Nejmann

27

2560

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Calnago View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago C60 vs. Pinarello F10 (or F8): geometry & sizing?

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

TonyM

20

1809

Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:34 am

TonyM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Concept? Limited sizing options... max 58s

in Road

Tommo

3

479

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:42 am

samuelcfadams1986 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: antonioiglesius, Attermann, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], kookie, Ltyarbro42, MikeMoore, raggi, ride1970, Titusrider and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited