Tubular suggestion

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nickf

by nickf

I have had good luck with the Bontrager R4 tubulars. Wear well and durable. They are re branded vittoria tires. Consistent weights. Only come in a gum wall though. Plus they are easy to find or order from any trek dealer.

Kaboom

by Kaboom

No one here vouching for Vittoria Corsa CXIIIs?

They're the ones i'm riding now and they are my first tubular experience so I don't have a whole lot to compare them to, but as I understand it they come in at under 240g a piece, roll very, very nicely, grip like crazy in the dry and I've put 2300km on the current set and so far, no punctures. That being said I never ride them in the wet. I've heard they can be LETHAL in the wet. But that's why I have a beater bike.

Comparatively cheap too when pitted against the likes of Veloflex.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

i have the veloflex sprinters and i really love them. very responsive and rolls like butter. great on climbs too.

Junior7

by Junior7

I wear CONTINENTAL COMPETITION 25C, with wheels Bora 35

RyanH

by RyanH

You can possibly get away with a Veloflex Record in the front an an extreme in the rear. That should be 195g/230g. Ride quality is supposedly really nice with the Record up front.

I can't vouch for the puncture resistance of either but there's a blog, digilloyd that suggests the record front is as good as the sprinters.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Runique

by Runique

+1 Vittoria Corsa G+ Graphene! :D
CANYON ULTIMATE CF SLX 2015 JET SILVER
CORIMA 32 S+

DaReef

by DaReef

saeie1 wrote:I'm using the CONTINENTAL COMPETITION 25C, and the tires have good grip and light weight.

These