Decent fork options

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Hey

I am in the market for some forks for my 2014 SS Evo

What are the main options I have, in 2017?

ENVE, THM... anything else?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Broady

by Broady

Columbus have a nice range. Can't fault the Hivers on my winter bike.

froze

by froze

I'm no fork expert, but I really like my Enve 2.0 fork. The fork is very responsive, more so than other bikes I've tried with other CF forks that felt slightly mushy and unsure in their tracking, they just didn't give me the confidence in handling like the 2.0 did; and the 2.0 is rated for a 350 pound rider which makes it tandem rated so that fork can take a lot of abuse that other forks will fail at, most other forks are rated for a 220 to 240 pound rider. The 2.0 is considered bullet proof, I prefer the extra 42 grams of weight in exchange for strength and durability.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

froze wrote:I'm no fork expert, but I really like my Enve 2.0 fork. The fork is very responsive, more so than other bikes I've tried with other CF forks that felt slightly mushy and unsure in their tracking, they just didn't give me the confidence in handling like the 2.0 did; and the 2.0 is rated for a 350 pound rider which makes it tandem rated so that fork can take a lot of abuse that other forks will fail at, most other forks are rated for a 220 to 240 pound rider. The 2.0 is considered bullet proof, I prefer the extra 42 grams of weight in exchange for strength and durability.

Cheers for the recommendation. However, ENVE do actually state that their forks are not for tandem use... This is irrelevant for my use, but thought I would be tedious and point that out :)

froze

by froze

That's odd because when I bought the fork their site said they were approved for tandem use, that was 4 years ago though, wonder what changed? the weight limit is unchanged though, that doesn't make sense. Racing tandems are using them though, see: http://paketabike.com/index.cfm?page=V2RTandem Paketa uses them on a lot of their racing tandems.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com