Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
- Shop Owner
- Posts: 315
- Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:56 am
- Location: California
i came across this item that will allow you to run larger cassettes in the rear with the regular cage on the 9070.
its called the RoadLink.http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/roadlink
interestingly enough, it looks like what the newer 9100 or 9150 looks like with the extended hanger mount.
You will run into compatibility issues...11s Cassette Compatibility:
11-32: Not Required (GS medium cage rear derailleur works)
11-36: Single or Double Chainring (front rings can be no more than 14 teeth different e.g. 48-34)
11-40: Single or Double Chainring (front rings can be no more than 10 teeth different e.g. 46-36)
It works great on 1 X Shimano set ups for gravel/cross.
- Posts: 1113
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm
maybe it'll work with a 11-34T and only a 16 teeth difference. then a 52/36T would work?
- AX Lightness Vial EVO D + DA9150 + Enve SES 3.4 carbon hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 carbon hubs
- Parlee ESX + DA9150 + THM SRM PM + Enve SES 6.7 CK hubs
- Independent Fabrication Ti FLW + DA9100 + Enve 3.4 CK hubs
- Posts: 2229
- Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:26 am
- Location: Atlanta, GA, US
I use a 50-34 with a mid-cage RD, Roadlink and a 11-40 cassette:
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:45 am
Road link definitely works with 9070 11-32 (SRAM cassette).
However, I have a Ceramicspeed OSPW and not expecting to work like OEM. LOL.
- 8 Replies
- 1186 Views
Last post by mattr
Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:40 pm
- 2 Replies
- 686 Views
Last post by LeviR
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:29 pm
- 2 Replies
- 530 Views
Last post by sungod
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:27 pm
- 3 Replies
- 912 Views
Last post by Adamchinnyb
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 pm
- 43 Replies
- 1069 Views
Last post by robertbb
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:32 pm