power2max power meter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Who will win Paris-Roubaix 2017?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:56 am

Peter Sagan
48%
Tom Boonen
15%
Matt Hayman
6%
Sep Vanmarcke
No votes
Greg Van Avermat
9%
Michal Kwiatkowski
6%
John Degenkolb
12%
Ian Stannard
No votes
Niki Terpstra
3%
Edvald Boasson Hagen
No votes

Total votes: 33

bikeracer99

by bikeracer99

I'm starting to do some research into power meters as I'm starting to get serious about road racing and I'm starting to feel the need for a power meter. So far it seems like the consensus is that power2max provides the best quality pm for the most reasonable price. I have 2014 sram red 22 groupset on my bike right now and I think I'm going to swap it out for shimano ultegra 6800 at the end of this year. I don't want to buy the sram version of the power2max and then have to buy the shimano version the following year. After looking into this it seems like there isn't a shimano option for the power2max anyways so my question is; is there another crank based, affordable pm out there which would better suit me or should I buy the rotor cranks and the version which is compatible with them. Another question is, will the rotor cranks and rings work well with the rest of my groupset being sram/shimano and will I need to change my bottom bracket.

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evan326

by evan326

What's the point of the poll?

bikeracer99

by bikeracer99

None really

silvercivic27

by silvercivic27

Quarq or Pioneer

jeffy

by jeffy

Rotor / P2M is a great and reliable combination.

I challenge you to find any criticism on the internet about P2M.

Philbar72

by Philbar72

I've had several power meters over time.

I'd buy the following again. Power2max and Pioneer. I wouldn't touch vectors or Stages.

AZR3

by AZR3

I've had 4 P2M power meters, 3 used off eBay/forums and one new, all worked flawlessly, I'm sold on P2M and couldn't be happier.

racingmike

by racingmike

Red for ultegra????? Btw, have the Stages on my SuperSixEVO Red and I really like it

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

I voted for Kwiato because he won't even be there.

lovemyway

by lovemyway

I have a power2max type S as well, and I'm getting the NG for my next build - I really like how it just works and works consistently.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

I have a Power2Max Type S. It is excellent. Full video review on my Youtube channel.

It has not given me a single issue, and just keep going. I have done coming up for 20,000km on it now, and only on my 3rd battery.

Pioneer also good. My friend got one recently, the left side crank only version. Data is perfect, and it just works too, like the Power2Max

Stages are clearly utterly rubbish.

Pedal based power meters are hilariously crap.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Have had an s works quarq and currently have 3 stages. All have been good, stages are better with elevation change even after 10k temp calibration gor the quarq. Have had to warranty my quarq and one stages. Power has been identical between the two for long intervals. Ie identical 20 minute power pbs and within 1 w at 5 minutes. Not sure about shorter intervals as i don't really think they matter for my riding style. The quarq said my power split left right was pretty even so maybe thats why i have good results with quarq.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

racingmike

by racingmike

TheDarkInstall wrote:....

Why rubbish?

chiumomo

by chiumomo

My Gen 1 Stages always have zero cadence and watt when I am pedaling, and tell me I am doing 1500w while I am freewheeling on a bumpy road. I got this unit back to warranty, and the replacement(GEN 2) is a bit better, but it always skip the first few strokes when out of saddle

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

racingmike wrote:
TheDarkInstall wrote:....

Why rubbish?

Because they always go wrong. Everyone I know who has one, it has broken in some way. If yours hasn't broken in some way, that is a miracle.

Stages have had to become this 'good guy' customer service centre, to deal with the fact that what they make is fundamentally flawed. People seem to accept this as something other than a total mess of a situation.

The very notion that a power meter can go wrong simply does not exist if you go for a Power2Max.