power2max power meter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Who will win Paris-Roubaix 2017?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:56 am

Peter Sagan
48%
Tom Boonen
15%
Matt Hayman
6%
Sep Vanmarcke
No votes
Greg Van Avermat
9%
Michal Kwiatkowski
6%
John Degenkolb
12%
Ian Stannard
No votes
Niki Terpstra
3%
Edvald Boasson Hagen
No votes

Total votes: 33

PinaF8

by PinaF8

jrobart wrote:Thanks for the heads up. One last question, are you happy with the Pioneer head unit? do you have the 500 or the 900?

Not being able to pair with my phone and having to run a separate cadence sensor (issue with the meter itself not the head unit) seems a bit dated.

I'm on the 500. Very satisfied user. You will not be satisfied if you are data hungry.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jrobart

by jrobart

So I broke down and bought the Pioneer 500 head unit today. Not all a loss as I also treated myself to an Apple watch in order to maintain ability to see the text/phone calls notifications that I can see on the Garmin 1000. Gonna make the argument to my wife that this really is about ensuring that she can reach me when she needs to while I'm on the bike instead of me ignoring the buzzing phone in my jersey pocket.

We'll see if she buys that!
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Let me know if you need help with your Pioneer head unit. :thumbup:
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

Pugrot

by Pugrot

On battery 4 with my campaign p2m. Have found the power reads high (obviously) when battery is dying, anyone else get that? Otherwise it just works-apart from not being able to get over 1350w no matter how hard I go :cry:

jrobart

by jrobart

PinaF8 wrote:Let me know if you need help with your Pioneer head unit. :thumbup:

Shoot me now! Went to install the Pioneer today and it doesn't fit! The strain gauge on non-drive side arm hits the chainstay. I love the look of Seven's chainstays, but NEVER imagined that the shape of the stay would interfere with the power meter. ARGH!

Looks like its will be either Quarq or SRM (when they finally release their new model).
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

PinaF8

by PinaF8

jrobart wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:Let me know if you need help with your Pioneer head unit. :thumbup:

Shoot me now! Went to install the Pioneer today and it doesn't fit! The strain gauge on non-drive side arm hits the chainstay. I love the look of Seven's chainstays, but NEVER imagined that the shape of the stay would interfere with the power meter. ARGH!

Looks like its will be either Quarq or SRM (when they finally release their new model).

Well that sucks.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900