SeatPost for Oversized Rails

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

Anyone using a seat post where the clamp looks like below on an oversized rail (7x9)? Just want to know if it works just fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

anything that clamps from the top and from the bottom should work fine. the ones that have issues are restraint areas like Enve or 3T ionic, where only a round seat rail can fit. Enve supplies a different clamp top for the ovalized rails...but the 3T ionic doesn't and won't fit. the AX and MCFK also works with oval seat rails since they clamp and have large capacity for the rails.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

^^ GTK. I got in touch with the seller but he couldn't understand what I was asking for some reason.

kode54

by kode54

you need to pay attention to the seat rail 'saddle' and clamp...and make sure that there's no sharp edges that will dig into the oval carbon rails. if the seat post is relatively inexpensive, it may be made just for metal seat rails. the ovalized seat rails to speak of is a Fizik saddle? not sure i would put a high end saddle on a no name seat post...never turns out good. its possible that it can score the carbon rails in an odd way...or maybe you may just get lucky and have no issues. just saying.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

^^ Very well noted. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

So I got below from eBay (25.4 / 350mm). A little heavy than as I was expecting 226.8g.