Accidentally bought a counterfeit Look :(

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hurri

by hurri

This could be a fake as well, just go to Aliexpress and search for delihea DHCBF-RF15. Looks identical to the 'real thing'.

There is really no need to buy a fake De Rosa anyway because many folks new to cycling haven't even heard of De Rosa. This works out well for us consumers because most bike shop owners HAVE heard of De Rosa. So, they stock them on the basis that a certain Belgian gentlemen used to ride one... and they don't sell. They are usually eye wateringly expensive, not ridden by a world tour team, so people wanting something Italian buy a Colnago or Pinarello instead. So they sit there until you just walk into the shop, do some negotiating with the desperate owner, and pick up an elegant piece of Italian/Taiwanese craftsmanship for a fraction of the new price. My King RS is not super light at 7.2kg all up with alloy tubeless wheels and steel pedals, but more importantly it looks beautiful and it is a great all day bike. Up hill and down at speed and in style and comfort, measurably faster than my old bike, and with great road feel. And the frame cost me less than 30% of the new sticker price (yes it is real). If you actually want a beautiful bike to ride, and you don't need the latest latest gear, I'd recommend last years' De Rosa to anyone, you just need to do a bit of searching! :D

tabl10s

by tabl10s

NiFTY wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:45 am
That must be a good copy as that is just as eye searingly ugly as a real 795. Seriously though i hope you get back some coin from the seller. The real question is if he is pissed where did he guy from?
Yep. Resembles ugly chicks shaped like the "Hulk" or a Bison . I think a tricycle is in your future!
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com