Power meter caad12 105 2017?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

niklasp

by niklasp

Hi!
Exactly which power meter fits on a more professional less stock caad12 105 2017? It's bb30a and I'm very confused right now.
Chain set: Cannondale Si, BB30a, FSA rings, 52/36

Quarq something sounds good. Can I still use stock chain rings?

How do I know what fits bb30a? It seems it's like bb30 but 5mm wider?

Thanks in advance. The easiest way would be garmin vectors but they seem to be unreliable.

jlok

by jlok

safe bet would be the below?

Convert BB30a to GXP by using this [http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/cannondale-bb30a/bb30a-adapters/bb-pf30-universal-adapter-for-22-24mm-spindle-cranks-sram-truvativ.html].
Buy Quarq DZero (non-hidden bolt, BCD according to your existing chainrings) [https://www.quarq.com/product/quarq-dzero-carbon-power-meter-chassis/].

Vector 2 latest firmware is ok. Sold mine and swapped to DZero as I want to use touring shoes with SPD pedals...

btw, just my 2 cents, dun sue me if anything goes wrong.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Pioneer left side only is one option. Obviously you can keep your right side setup: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... /SGY-PMLTC

The other option would be the power 2 max Type S or NG with praxis / sram chainrings. I'd love to hear experiences with this setup. SRM is also there with the classic praxis / sram chainrings.

grover

by grover

Lots of options.

Stages or 4iiii non-drive side hollowgram arm

BB30 Quarq - comes with a 5mm spacer on the non-drive side. Remove it and you install perfectly on BB30a

GXP Quarq - use conversion kit listed above

SRM/power2max/quarq spider for Hollowgram cranks

All of those options would allow use of your current chainrings. If ordering a spider solution just make sure you order 110bcd not 130bcd. If ordering quarq make sure it is the non-hidden bolt variant so your FSA rings chain drop pin actually lines up with the crank arm.

Sam

by Sam

bbinfinite makes "DirectFit" adapters. Expensive but seem straightforward.

evan326

by evan326

4iiii states that they can't be put on 16' and 17' hollowgram si arms. They don't say why, even though sisl2 arms are on the compatibility list. They have the same inner profle, so I don't see why they can't do it.
Stock FSA rings don't fit on the p2max, so you would have to get new rings.

niklasp

by niklasp

Well thanks alot.
Quarq seems like good stuff and as you say the bb30 variant fits bb30a (I emailed the support and asked).

Found quarq dzero 110bcd for 700 euro (carbon) and 600 euro (alu). Best price I've seen so far!

"The BB30 spindled power meters will work with the BB30A frame.  Unfortunately, we will not have a power meter that works with the Cannondale crank arms.  As for the chain rings, you will want to check the chain rings and make sure that they do not have a recess where they meet the spider.  You can use them with our 110 BCD power meters as long as they do not have that recess.  I attached an image that shows the recess."

jlok

by jlok

700EUR is for the PM itself or complete with crank sans chainrings?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Sam

by Sam

Starbike has the Quarq Dzero Carbon for €756 excluding the WW discount. That's the cheapest I've seen. And the reason why I just ordered it from them. :-)

dtsftw

by dtsftw

I want to bump this thread as I am in a similar situation and had more questions. I have a 2017 CAAD12 work in progress which will be running Ultegra 8000 everything except right now I have the SiSL crank and spider. However, I want to specifically add a Quarq (Dzero or Dfour?) to it. Can I replace the crank and rings with a compatible crankset for the Quarq? If I buy the Quarq Dzero for BB30, will the system work with my Ultegra group set? Or is it better to buy the Shimano adapter and buy an Ultegra crankset and rings with Quarq Dfour?

I am not very knowledgeable on BBs, etc... thank you.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Favero assioma?
Using Tapatalk

Rascal

by Rascal

Or Garmin Vector 3...
-Giant TCR
-CAAD5
-Klein Rascal

robertbb

by robertbb

Nefarious86 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:21 am
Favero assioma?
+1

seahuston

by seahuston

I'm running at Pioneer 6800 dual side power meter on my BB30a Supersix. Currently using the stock BB30a bearings with these adapter, works a treat but, being shallow, I think the spacer stack on the NDS looks a like meh.
https://wheelsmfg.com/products/bb-crank ... pters.html

When the bearings go out, I'll upgrade to one of these
https://wheelsmfg.com/bb30a-outboard-ab ... black.html

I looked into all kinds of other options but the Pioneer unit has really good feedback and price and I don't see Shimano 24mm axles going away any time soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com