Glue recommendations for Dura Ace Brake Lever Body

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

melchionda

by melchionda

I'm looking for a recommendation on the best glue for the material that makes up the Dura Ace 7970 Di2 Brake Lever body.

Before you get excited... this is a non-structural component that I'm glueing. I'm removing the Di2 guts from a Dura Ace 7970 Di2 lever so that I can use it for a 1X setup on my cross bike. I've removed the shift buttons and levers, the flightdeck buttons and the Di2 shifter sockets. Whats left is the Lever body panels. My plan is to glue them back into place so that there are no "voids" in the Brake lever body underneath the brake hood.

All the unnecessary parts have been removed and the body panels are cleaned up and are ready to be glued in place. Anyone have any ideas?

I think that this plastic is carbon reinforced plastic, similar to Look pedal bodies, or some water bottle cages, but I'm not sure.

Sean

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

motorapido

by motorapido

It's Nylon so not the easiest material to bond too,but being glass filled will help get a key on the surface to bond. Its best to abrade the surface you want to get a good key, i've had success with methacrylate adhesives such as Devweld, and silicon adhesive works pretty well also. Or you could try melting and fusing the surfaces together. For a definitive guide see below,

http://www.permabond.com/2015/03/18/bon ... -adhesive/