Campagnolo Front Derailleur Question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yup, I don't think anyone is saying it can't "work", and in your specific case it may be working just fine. It's just that there are some considerations and circumstances where it may not be ideal. In your case, the 410mm chainstays are certainly going to work in your favor, versus chainstays that may even be shorter than the minimum Campy spec of 405mm. Older Cervelos used to have chainstay lengths of 395mm I believe (or at least slightly shy of 400 in case someone is fact checking my memory) and they stuck with that length across their entire range of sizes. They've since lengthened them, thankfully.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

matty

by matty

Good to hear some have mixed 11 speed chainset with 10 speed gearing and not experienced a problem.

My Lemond titanium frame has 415mm chainstays.

I also did some googling and Leonard zinn seemed to think the external width difference is minimal.

http://www.velonews.com/2016/01/bikes-a ... red_392163

I can understand at the extremes there may be issues and also if using a 11 speed front derailleur if they reduced the cage width which also might cause rubbing at extremes.

How I'd love to go newer 11 speed but bike is fine as it is and it is only the chainset change to compact that is causing this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com