Power Meter For Campagnolo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

:) Yes, exactly same thoughts.

BTW, i got idea that no need for double sided power meter as soon as there is no big discrepancy between left and right leg.

But to find if there is disbalance or not, there is need of double sided power meter :) (something like starting with double sided power meter, then switching to one sided if the balance is in normal ranges like 52-48 or best 50-50).

Is this logical? :) Or definetly no need for double sided power meter since start?

moonoi

by moonoi

For me my L/R balance is 49/51 except when feeling fatigued and drops to 47/53, according to the Quarq. But knowing that doesn't improve anything.

The only time I can think it maybe useful is if coming back from injury and just ensuring you don't favor the good leg. But then that would still be apparent with a left side only meter, as your power numbers would be out, it would just be less obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

I am using the SRM. I lost faith in Stages based on the feedback and their continued delays. My local shop carries vectors, but does not offer P2M.

I find the majority of third party cranksets ugly. I wanted a powermeter that maintains the campy aesthetics. It's my first foray into this space. so i have no comparisons, but it is easy to use and pairs seamlessly w/ my PC8.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I'm picking up a demo Record Stages this evening to try out so I'll report back my findings. Quite a few have already been sold but I haven't seen any feedback yet. I have a P2M Campag Type S and five arm Campag SRM of my own as references.

moonoi

by moonoi

Mockenrue wrote:I'm picking up a demo Record Stages this evening to try out so I'll report back my findings. Quite a few have already been sold but I haven't seen any feedback yet. I have a P2M Campag Type S and five arm Campag SRM of my own as references.

I'll be very interested in your findings, as I've decided to wait for availability of the SR Stages crank over here, as I like the aesthetics of the Campagnolo crank.

BigPoser

by BigPoser

You might want to wait just a bit. Pioneer just released a PM for Potenza, so I would imagine that they would have one for all the other levels as well. I have 2014 Chorus and wouldn't mind checking them out as well.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

lw11

by lw11

Mockenrue wrote:Image

I'm going to keep a close eye on your feedback.

Pricing here is AUS is $1,399 for stages SR and ~$2,368 for Power2Max

I wonder if that extra $1,000 is worth it for dual side and accuracy (stages +/-2% P2M +/-1%).

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

First things first - weight of the Record version is 217g vs. 204g for the standard arm, so it's slightly lighter than claimed (20g additional weight according to Stages):

fogman

by fogman

I ordered a Stages Super Record left crank arm power meter. Was told by my LBS that it is on back order. Must be high in demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Lemond75

by Lemond75

I've had my Chorus Stages PM for a week now and it's been spot on so far. I've also got a Gen 2 Shimano 105 version for my training bike, and apart from the occasional drop out, has been spot on - way better than the hassle associated with my two previous Powertaps.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

First ride on it yesterday - 217km with no drop outs or spikes etc. Obviously early days but so far so good.

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Keep the updates coming! My LBS has a Stages SR unit in and I'm still undecided. Very tempted seeing as Power2Max is going to cost me about £1500 vs £800 for the Stages. These and SRM (not even considering going there as all north of £2K in the UK for the 4-arm unit) seem to be the only options if you want to keep the bike looking good. Not interested in pedals or rubs. Had a L/R leg test at a recent bike fit and there was a negligible difference so I'm seriously considering the Stages.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

lw11

by lw11

I've decided to go Stages Super Record. It was $1,000 cheaper than Power2Max, it is one of the lightest on the market, it's going to my ti bike, so maintains the classic look, I don't race and will be using it for training, so I'm OK with one sided power and if they eventually release dual sided, I may look to upgrade if I think I need dual side. Now it's a waiting game for it to arrive.

huddini

by huddini

If you are serious about watts forget 4iii, Stages, Pioneer, Garmin, Polar, and others . Stages claim -+1%, but only @100 rpm @100w.

Go for P2M or SRM if you want something else than a toy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com