Power Meter For Campagnolo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ste_S

by Ste_S

huddini wrote:If you are serious about watts forget 4iii, Stages, Pioneer, Garmin, Polar, and others . Stages claim -+1%, but only @100 rpm @100w.

Go for P2M or SRM if you want something else than a toy.

Uggh, SRM no thanks. Old tech that's charged at a premium.

Most dual leg measuring power meters are fine. I wouldn't go for a single leg system though - depending on the person, you may as well just pay for a random number generator.

Around FTP I'm pretty much L50%/R50%, but at lower watts than FTP i tend towards L60%/R40%
Single leg powermeter would be pretty pointless for me

moonoi

by moonoi

The Stages SR crankarm just came in to stock in my country today, so ordered it and should be with me mid week, for those that already got one has there been any issues worth noting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tikka

by tikka

moonoi wrote:The Stages SR crankarm just came in to stock in my country today, so ordered it and should be with me mid week, for those that already got one has there been any issues worth noting?

Been using one for two weeks now. No issues whatsoever... I'm pleasantly surprised. NB other bike has a power2max.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

moonoi

by moonoi

Good to know, thanks!

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Mine is still behaving.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

jeffy

by jeffy

as someone who has used pedal based (true L/R) and crank based (estimated L/R) as far as working out imbalance estimated L/R has no value.

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Been using my Stages SR for a month now and am very pleased with it. So far I've managed my fasted solo 1h, 2h and 4h rides by riding to power and also a best 10TT! no dropouts, no spikes, no problems. It is hard to ride to a set power but that would be the case with any power meter. Love the fact it has integrated cadence too. I'm not super bothered on how accurate my power meter is but, more concerned about precision. I was quite hesitant about getting Stages but the power reading seems to correlate with my KICKR smart trainer (latest firmware), they are very precise and certainly within 10 watts and also comparatively to other riders I ride with who are on Stages, SRM, Infocrank and Quarq in all but 1 case (one guy is reading way way over, like 5 W/Kg every ride).
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

fogman

by fogman

My Stages Super Record power meter is still on backorder (since the end of March). I believe the problem is the Campagnolo supply of left crank arms.

It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

moonoi

by moonoi

Been using mine for just over a week and gone through 4 batteries so far, suggestion from Stages is to try a different battery brand, but so far unimpressed. Didn't have this issue with my Ultegra Stages.

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

moonoi wrote:Been using mine for just over a week and gone through 4 batteries so far, suggestion from Stages is to try a different battery brand, but so far unimpressed. Didn't have this issue with my Ultegra Stages.

Hmmmm, that's odd... I've got 800 miles on mine so far and haven't thought about the battery, just using the one that came with it.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Same here; mine's been trouble free.

moonoi

by moonoi

The one the came with mine was dead from the off, latest one I put in has been good for a couple of days so far, fingers crossed the problem has gone away.

fogman

by fogman

My only issue with the Stages Super Record crank arm is the clearance between the battery compartment and the left chainstay. It is occasionally barely grazing the frame so I placed some protective vinyl tape. Anyone else having clearance issues? The frame is a Dogma F10.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

moonoi

by moonoi

Update on mine, still having battery issues, sent off to the distributor for checking who found the same problem and said they would replace, 3 weeks later they are now saying it's due to using "fake" batteries made in Indonesia, this despite the fact I bought all my batteries from a reputable retailer and tried various manufacturers too (even IKEA branded), and the original battery supplied with the info being dead (are they saying they also shipped it with a "fake" battery?).

All of them die in 3-5 days even if the bike isn't used. Very disappointed and has completely put me off Stages, I'll probably bin it if it doesn't get replaced, or sell and do without power on my C60 if it does.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Wow, that's tight. Here's mine on my M10s:

I'm probably tempting fate, but so far I've had no problems with mine and output seems consistent with my SRM and P2M.