Power Meter For Campagnolo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

c60rider

by c60rider

I'm not convinced with the stages power meters at all. They're the ones that seem to have the most reported faults with them and they took so long to get the Campagnolo ones to market they clearly had major issues with them. The cost of a Super record is £900 and added to that a chainset is costing £560 odd so at that price you're only another £300 off a Power2max NG and there's no competition between that and the stages.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I agree on the price point vs. Power2max. My Record Stages was supplied through sponsorship at cost - there's no way I'd pay £800 for it. I bought my P2M new myself and the SRM used through eBay.

Stages did have difficulties with the original Campag arm, hence the long delay. Ultimately they had to develop an entirely new strain gauge to make it work. They appear to be selling well in the UK and despite the well documented problems with Stages I haven't read or heard of any apart from moonoi's with the new Campag version.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Js2

by Js2

Has anyone tried to use the Stages SR power meter on an older 5 arm style crank (2014 Super Record Crank)?? :noidea:

Pedal Based PM is out of the question since I prefer Dura Ace Pedals, unless there is Shimano Cleat compatible pedal power meter.
Would like to maintain the sexy-ness of the 5 arm crankset.

tanghy

by tanghy

yes it works, i use one with a 2010-2011 SR crank
Js2 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:39 am
Has anyone tried to use the Stages SR power meter on an older 5 arm style crank (2014 Super Record Crank)?? :noidea:

Pedal Based PM is out of the question since I prefer Dura Ace Pedals, unless there is Shimano Cleat compatible pedal power meter.

Js2

by Js2

tanghy wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:27 pm
yes it works, i use one with a 2010-2011 SR crank
Js2 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:39 am

Thank you sir! :beerchug:

fogman

by fogman

I can also confirm that a Stages left arm SR crank arm is compatible with the previous 5 arm chainring. The graphics are not the same, but works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

silvalis

by silvalis

I was under the impression that the shape of the left crank arm changed as well?
Chasse patate