Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:34 am
Posts: 73
I'm riding the 2015 Campagnolo Super Record crankset and i'm looking to buy a power meter.

At the moment i'm leaning towards Power2Max however I don't really want to buy new crank arms if I don't have to as my current ones are only three few months new. SRM looks a bit expensive for my taste. I'm also considering the Powertap or Garmin Vector pedals.

Can anyone provide me their feedback on what they're using or what they've used.

Edit: I also note that Stages have Campy power meters now, however, I can't find any prices.


Top
   
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:47 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:29 am
Posts: 234
$999 for SR $799 for Record and $699 for Chorus in USD , at least that is what they are listed on their site... I just bought a pair of Garmin vector2 and will see how close they perform to my quarq elsa on rotor cranks. I have heard nothing but great things about the P2M but I am running 5 spoke SR on a classic looking bike so the aesthetics are a concern, plus they are 2x the price of the garmin


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 808
I am using Campa Super Record 2015 also and switched to Power2Max last year (in combination with a Garmin Edge 820). I am very happy with these.
The SRM system was just too expensive for my taste (and I don't need the precision) and the other options were not really attractive in terms of reliability to me.
The Power2Max add just a little bit weight and they are "almost" SR quality. I kept the original SR crankset in case I have to repair the Power2Max I can still ride my C60. On my winter bike I have now also a Power2Max. My MTB have the one side Stage powermeter (only powermeter available for the XTR 10 speed) but I prefer the two sides powermeter.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:01 pm
Posts: 31
Stages are plagued with battery drainage issues even on the Gen 2 version, I'd stay away.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 12:09 pm
Posts: 786
MattN wrote:
Stages are plagued with battery drainage issues even on the Gen 2 version, I'd stay away.


I think the majority of the gen 2 owner are more than happy. I'm one of those. >20.000 km without any issue at all, and that's inc a whole wet winter. And if you have problems, their client service is top notch from what I read.

_________________
Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 2013
Scott Addict Orica Greenedge
Canyon Endurace CF SLX


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:56 am
Posts: 755
i went p2max but then went srm because i found i could get srm for alot less than i thought and also because i really like dhow it worked with the power control 7 which i find alot more reliable than garmin stuff (and battery lasts longer and i like it for whatever reason). i just sold off the cranks i had and swapped over. nice and easy. there is a guy on ebay from california who sells srm stuff at only slightly more than p2max costs.

on other hand i am currently selling a p2max crank on 4 sale forum that is campag (50/34 and 172.5)

_________________
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 6:34 am
Posts: 73
TonyM wrote:
I am using Campa Super Record 2015 also and switched to Power2Max last year (in combination with a Garmin Edge 820). I am very happy with these.
The SRM system was just too expensive for my taste (and I don't need the precision) and the other options were not really attractive in terms of reliability to me.
The Power2Max add just a little bit weight and they are "almost" SR quality. I kept the original SR crankset in case I have to repair the Power2Max I can still ride my C60. On my winter bike I have now also a Power2Max. My MTB have the one side Stage powermeter (only powermeter available for the XTR 10 speed) but I prefer the two sides powermeter.

Thanks, did you buy the Type S or the NG? Do you also get ~400 hours until the battery dies and is it a pain in the ass to change?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 1464
I emailed Stages and they said the Campy stuff wouldn't be out until April. Pioneer seems to be selling their Potenza kits now.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA ... /SGY-PMLTC

_________________
Colnago C59


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 808
lw11 wrote:
TonyM wrote:
I am using Campa Super Record 2015 also and switched to Power2Max last year (in combination with a Garmin Edge 820). I am very happy with these.
The SRM system was just too expensive for my taste (and I don't need the precision) and the other options were not really attractive in terms of reliability to me.
The Power2Max add just a little bit weight and they are "almost" SR quality. I kept the original SR crankset in case I have to repair the Power2Max I can still ride my C60. On my winter bike I have now also a Power2Max. My MTB have the one side Stage powermeter (only powermeter available for the XTR 10 speed) but I prefer the two sides powermeter.

Thanks, did you buy the Type S or the NG? Do you also get ~400 hours until the battery dies and is it a pain in the ass to change?


I have the type S. Changing battery is made in 1 min! No problem at all!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 808
MattN wrote:
Stages are plagued with battery drainage issues even on the Gen 2 version, I'd stay away.


I am happy with my stage powermeter itself - but I prefer a two sides powermeter (which is unfortunately not available for the XTR 10 speed)


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:18 pm
Posts: 20
I went with the Vector 2's last year. Very happy with them!! I have three bikes, all Super Record, 2 are EPS. The pedal swap with the version 2 pods is super easy!! I like having two sided power. Though I'm a weekend warrior, having two sided data really helps me with my pedaling efficiency. I'm sure more accomplished riders may not need that, but I really like it! I like the synergy with my Garmin computer. I know the pedals work with everything, but Garmin supplies a lot (way more than I need) data via their own head. If I were to buy another PM, I would just buy another pair of Vectors. My only personal 'gripe' is that my winter boots are too side to accommodate the pods. Small price to pay, but should be noted.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:44 am 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 3217
Location: Glermsford, Suffolk U.K
Garmin vector 2's for me as well. They just work.

_________________
www.thecycleclinic.co.uk


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:24 pm 
Offline
Shop Owner

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:58 am
Posts: 813
Vectors since they came out, the only issue was I had to hang up my Speedplay pedals.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 781
Im also in process of deciding which power meter to buy.

Im using Campagnolo Record 2015, and dont want to spend big money for SRM or Power2Max, and also want to be as lightweight as possible, so im trying to decide between three:

1. Fevero BePro Pedals

- It will add 122 gm compared to Look Keo Blade 2 Ti pedals

- Not so expensive (same price as Stages only one side)

- Having power on both sides (im not sure if i need this, and it's main point of deciding)

- Negative side is that it can interfere with my shoes (Specialized S-Works 2014 size 43), so maybe i should need to add shims (which will change the stack and which i dont like)

- Ugly :)

2. Stages for Campagnolo

- Almost no added weight

- I can ride whatever pedals i like (im using now Look, but also have a pair of Time Xpresso)

- Look very nice

- Negative is measuring only one side (do i need both sides or its marketing?)

- And negative could be reliability (but as i can see on Gen 2 is much better)


3. Garmin Vector Pedals

- Positive sides:

- very good compatiiblity with Garmin Edge 520 which im using

- Pedal smoothnes analyzes (do i need this at all?)

- Measuring power on both sides (do i need this at all? )

Negative:

- Heavy

- Pods which is easy to brake as i can see, and also possability to interfere with my shoes




Im not racing in this moment, but riding like 200-250 km per week (and 3000-4000 meters climbs on that rides), want to improve my self so that why i need power meter.

The main thing i should clear is if i need double sided power meter or not?

I read a lot that even one side power meter with not detailed accuracy is good as soon as is consistent what it shows.

So which route should i go? Im riding Colnago C60 bike with Bora One 35 Tubular wheels (so hub is not option)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm
Posts: 338
3Pio wrote:
Im also in process of deciding which power meter to buy.

Im using Campagnolo Record 2015, and dont want to spend big money for SRM or Power2Max, and also want to be as lightweight as possible, so im trying to decide between three:

1. Fevero BePro Pedals

- It will add 122 gm compared to Look Keo Blade 2 Ti pedals

- Not so expensive (same price as Stages only one side)

- Having power on both sides (im not sure if i need this, and it's main point of deciding)

- Negative side is that it can interfere with my shoes (Specialized S-Works 2014 size 43), so maybe i should need to add shims (which will change the stack and which i dont like)

- Ugly :)

2. Stages for Campagnolo

- Almost no added weight

- I can ride whatever pedals i like (im using now Look, but also have a pair of Time Xpresso)

- Look very nice

- Negative is measuring only one side (do i need both sides or its marketing?)

- And negative could be reliability (but as i can see on Gen 2 is much better)


3. Garmin Vector Pedals

- Positive sides:

- very good compatiiblity with Garmin Edge 520 which im using

- Pedal smoothnes analyzes (do i need this at all?)

- Measuring power on both sides (do i need this at all? )

Negative:

- Heavy

- Pods which is easy to brake as i can see, and also possability to interfere with my shoes




Im not racing in this moment, but riding like 200-250 km per week (and 3000-4000 meters climbs on that rides), want to improve my self so that why i need power meter.

The main thing i should clear is if i need double sided power meter or not?

I read a lot that even one side power meter with not detailed accuracy is good as soon as is consistent what it shows.

So which route should i go? Im riding Colnago C60 bike with Bora One 35 Tubular wheels (so hub is not option)


Funny, same situation, however I'm using a Stages on my Madone9, and having used Quarq in the past, I actually see no issues with accuracy from the Stages and the extra data from 2 sided measurement wasn't really useful to me either.

I have looked at the Powertap P1 and the BePRO pedals also, but I've decided to wait for the availability of the Campagnolo SR Stages, as it's more than good enough for my usage, almost zero weight penalty and aesthetically looks good on the bike.


Top
   
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:42 am 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. power2max power meter

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

bikeracer99

35

3181

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:12 am

PinaF8 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Power meter lifespan

in Road

stormur

7

934

Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:55 pm

RyanH View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Shimano Power Meter

in Road

cunn1n9

1

521

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:48 pm

cycleboyco View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. First Power meter suggestions

[ Go to page: 13 4 5 6 7 ]

in Road

merser

91

7164

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:38 pm

evan326 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. power meter Q again, compatibility

in Road

Boshk

6

560

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:31 pm

pdlpsher1 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited