Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 9:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:28 am 

Hi chaps.

I think I might be overthinking this setup, so I would like your input.

I currently have som 3T Aeronova bars (104mm) reach and 100mm stem= 204mm overall, I sometimes find when pushing the pedals hard in a group ride I can feel my upper body aches a tad. My stem is slammed also.

I was thinking of changing to Zipp SL70 aero bars (70mm reach), and a 110mm stem= 180mm overall, if my reach is reduced, thats going to give me a more upright position on the hoods? which would be a

I was thinking thats ok as when I would be on the hoods then its more comfortable, as when I want to get more aero, then I can bend the forearm?

I don't want to change my setup and my position is more compromised in terms of speed/aero.

Thanks chaps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:49 am 

Keeping my eye on this thread as I am planning the opposite; moving from zipp to aeronova

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:49 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:34 pm 

Some things to consider:

The Aernova (and all -nova bars) measure from the drops and are 2cm narrower at the hoods than the drops, while the SL70 measurement is taken at the hoods.

The actual reach versus the listed reach of the Aeronova seems to be closer to 94mm than 104mm.

The narrower stance generally decreases reach, so your position will be slightly wider and shorter, but not dramatically closer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:06 pm 

morganb wrote:
Some things to consider:

The Aernova (and all -nova bars) measure from the drops and are 2cm narrower at the hoods than the drops, while the SL70 measurement is taken at the hoods.

The actual reach versus the listed reach of the Aeronova seems to be closer to 94mm than 104mm.

The narrower stance generally decreases reach, so your position will be slightly wider and shorter, but not dramatically closer.

Thanks,

So I would be best with 40cm wide Zipp bars? to get the same width as my Aeronova's? They seem to work really well for me at the moment in that regard.

Luke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 pm 

If you are running 42cm Aeronovas, then you would want 40cm Zipps to keep the hood width the same, yes.

PLuKE wrote:
morganb wrote:
Some things to consider:

Thanks,

So I would be best with 40cm wide Zipp bars? to get the same width as my Aeronova's? They seem to work really well for me at the moment in that regard.

Luke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:29 pm 

morganb wrote:
If you are running 42cm Aeronovas, then you would want 40cm Zipps to keep the hood width the same, yes.

PLuKE wrote:
morganb wrote:
Some things to consider:

Thanks,

Luke

I will keep that in mind, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:30 pm 

Does anyone else have anymore input they can give regarding my thoughts on the different bars and stem options?

Thanks

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:30 pm