2012 Cannondale Slice 5 VS 2014 Stradalli Phantom II

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Alpine318is

by Alpine318is

Hello WW,

I am going to get myself a dedicated tri bike for this upcoming summer and I am torn between the above bikes. I have already purchased the Stradelli for $700 but the Cannondale Slice came up for sale for $500 in my area and I'm torn between which one to keep. The Stradelli is already stripped down so whichever one I go with will have the same components and wheels its really about the frame at this point. I do think that the Stradelli will sell for a bit more so the cheaper route would be the Cannondale.

I know the Stradelli is an open frame Chinese build but I can't seem to figure out what bike its based off of. Obviously the Cannondale will be built better but will it being older affect its Aero engineering. Any advice would be appreicated.

Thanks

2018 Specialized S-Works Tarmac
SRAM Etap
ENVE 4.5

2018 Bianchi Infinito CV
SRAM Etap
ENVE Classics 45

2016 Cervelo P2
Ultegra 6800 Di2
ENVE 6.7

jekyll man

by jekyll man

The stradalli is a deng fu fm086, available under countless other names.

The slice is probably a better riding bike comfort wise. They're actually pretty smooth for a tt bike.
Stradalli- crap brakes and limited front end adjustment compared to the dale.

Biggest flaw with the slice is the rear mech hanger / or attachment method is very flexy and is easy for shifting to go awol.
Front mech positioning might inhibit what chainrings you use. I had a 54 osym and the mech cable only just cleared the tyre.
Aerowise- there's probably very little in it.
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com