Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:08 pm 

BigPoser, it sounds like you may have the wrong kit. The "Internal" kit is for frames that run the outer cable all the way through the frame. The regular kit has a lot more links, 1500mm versus 800mm.

I'd recommend replacing the cables under the bartape with links as soon as possible for best performance.

I'm surprised Alligator still doesn't include special links for installing in Campag levers. The way I got around it was to turn down some of the regular links.
Put a link on an awl or spigot and sand the outer edge down high-spot until it's a slide fit into the lever body. As they are aluminium it's very quick and easy to do.
I think five modified links per side are required then you can have a full run of links from lever to brake or cable stop.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:53 pm 

5 8 5 wrote:

I'm surprised Alligator still doesn't include special links for installing in Campag levers. The way I got around it was to turn down some of the regular links.
Put a link on an awl or spigot and sand the outer edge down high-spot until it's a slide fit into the lever body. As they are aluminium it's very quick and easy to do.
I think five modified links per side are required then you can have a full run of links from lever to brake or cable stop.

Brake cables, they do. Its a special kit though with a long tapered ferrule that sits in the ergo properly.
Got mine from Ant @ mtzoom racing.

Campag shifters though, and i'm using mini ilinks, and the links on their own will butt up to the stop properly (normal campag housing doesnt use a ferrule at the shifter end).

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:53 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:07 pm 

Nice one jekyll man, didn't know they made those! Shame I don't use I-Links anymore!

I'll rephrase what I said, I'm surprised Alligator still doesn't include special ferrules for Campag levers in the box!

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 7.67 KiB | Viewed 228 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:48 pm 

5 8 5 wrote:
Nice one jekyll man, didn't know they made those! Shame I don't use I-Links anymore!

I'll rephrase what I said, I'm surprised Alligator still doesn't include special ferrules for Campag levers in the box!

These were in the kit and was going to use them, however there weren't even close to enough links in the kit to run them correctly so I had to improvise to make it work. I'm working on getting more links for the brake system and I'll have to redo the system when I feel like it.

I also need to find the proper ferrule that will fit into the shifter port on the shifter lever as well since nothing within the kit fits properly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:24 am 
in the industry

it seems in the link housing game that the product gets released to market and then thats the last of the development with it..

that is why the jag wire is presently the best system.. its the newest and they have attempted to address the short comings of the older systems on the market