Any Campagnolo 2018 news?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ak47

by ak47

Anything new coming from Campy? Do they plan any groupset refresh for 2018 model year?

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Most likely Bora disc brakes wheels, hydraulic mechanical and EPS groupsets. It could be they announce it later this year.
██

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ak47

by ak47

I can see there are significant discounts for Record and Super Record groups so I think there will be some minor or major update to them. Giro 2017 perhaps is when we will see some new stuff?

ferrarista

by ferrarista

You never know with Campy. Could be at the Tour or after. Time will tell.
██

maverick_1

by maverick_1

heard rumors stating changes to the EPS RD and FD

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Satellite shifters for climbing, type Sram blips or type Shimano R600, R610???? incredible that in those years that carries the EPS, Campagnolo not have that................ :roll:

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

ak47 wrote:I can see there are significant discounts for Record and Super Record groups so I think there will be some minor or major update to them. Giro 2017 perhaps is when we will see some new stuff?

I do not see any significant discount. Do you have an example?
I only see some discounts that aren't really discounts, because on many big international webshops the standard price is way below that price.

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

EPS was simply created as a test by Campagnolo to identify the true faithful......
- anyone who buys electronic fails :D
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

ak47

by ak47

Daniel1975 wrote:
ak47 wrote:I can see there are significant discounts for Record and Super Record groups so I think there will be some minor or major update to them. Giro 2017 perhaps is when we will see some new stuff?

I do not see any significant discount. Do you have an example?
I only see some discounts that aren't really discounts, because on many big international webshops the standard price is way below that price.

There's like 20-25% off on components.

I looked at the competitive cyclist, some UK based sellers, my national (central european) distributor, etc. Everywhere Record mechanical is cheaper than the Dura-Ace mechanical which I think never happened before.

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

ak47 wrote:Everywhere Record mechanical is cheaper than the Dura-Ace mechanical which I think never happened before.

Probably because Shimano can command a higher price. I ride Campy Record, but I have to say I'm the only one in my entire area. It's 99% Ultegra/Dura Ace. I love Campy, but they have to be hanging on by a thread. IMO, they desperately need to release a wireless group.

tommasini

by tommasini

Past few months the US dollar has been strong against GB Pound and Euro.

GB pound also strong against Euro.

US consumers seeing this advantage. UK outlets paying less too.

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

maverick_1 wrote:heard rumors stating changes to the EPS RD and FD

That would be great as they are getting a bit long in the tooth compared to mechanical

Roel W

by Roel W

They've updated the mechanical rear derailleur design already a few years ago. Even Potenza now has the X-shaped parallellogram. It's time for the EPS derailleurs to follow. EPS rear derailleur design is also too big compared to the competitors.

And I expext the hydro disc brakes. At least Record and Super Record but also Chorus or Potenza? With the new Ultegra being released this summer, Campagnolo must launch the Potenza disc to keep pace with Shimano.

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

Roel W wrote:EPS rear derailleur design is also too big compared to the competitors.
I think you mean the front derailleur? The RD is already more compact than either Shimano or SRAM as it is. It looks a bit dated by now though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Campa will enter the disc market with the potenza groupset. It is expected to land in April, campagnolo being campagnolo i expect the potenza disc group to hit the market in june.
After potenza their other groupsets will folow the disc trend. And will be released later in the year.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!