Asia VS EU/ USA

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RussellS

by RussellS

Johnny Rad wrote:Build a wall somewhere.
Make someone else pay.
Oops, sorry! Wrong thread on similar subject.

Yes and no. The xenophobic part is similar, the same. But the thread started by asking about value. USA and western European companies are having their products made in the far east, Asia. Where production costs are much less. But still charging the same high prices as if the product was made in USA or western Europe where production costs are much higher. For me, if I was paying 100% margin for a USA/European product, I would hate to pay the same retail price and 400% margin for a product made in Asia. Asia not meaning Japan. I think Japan and USA and western Europe all have similar costs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

:D Ah, so this is what "brand value" actually means

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

glam2deaf wrote:Holy shit this thread is stupid and overtly racist.

This is just the beginning. Vast majority of human population are prejudice, some are vocal, others are quiet about it.

From my perspective, everyone has an opinion and it's your choice to agree, disagree or feel neutral towards it. Due to ridiculous overpopulation worldwide, many of you look at the price tag before anything else! This is where Chinese products shine. The region that makes everything! From condoms to airplanes. Bike industry owned by China and Taiwan, not Asia. Taiwan is a region of pioneers in the bike industry. The take pride in what they do. There are universities in Taiwan for bike industry. Needless to say they make great products, detail-oriented people that prioritize quality.
Italians also take pride in what they do. Lifestyle play a big role in this because Italians are laid-back and perform slow hence you see a premium price tag next to China factory (people programmed like robots lined up for kilometers long).
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

micky

by micky