Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:25 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:38 am 

Hi All,

I'm looking for a Campagnolo TOOLS UT-FC220 - Over-Torque crankset assembly and disassembly tool. Most of the online shops are out of stock. Can anybody help me to find a web shop has that tool in stock? I'm live in Shanghai, China so any web shop willing do the international online sale are welcome thank you.

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:38 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:43 pm 

Just get a bike shop to do it. The crank and BB are so bombproof you will only have to remove it once every year or so. It's also very important to do it right. Follow this guide to the letter if you do it yourself and be very careful. The most important thing to remember is that the splines on the axle and the NDS arm MUST BE LEVEL. That's how you verify the crank is seated properly. Then you set preload.

Here

You don't need the expanding ring thingy, and it is kinda prone to breaking. I replaced it with a bunch of plastic bb30 shims and a wave washer. Works just as well and is more bomb proof.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:17 pm 

Last I looked there were a few on eBay out of the USA. I found on in the UK with the help of Graeme on this forum. I think there were one or two in Spain on some on-line shops. Shipping isn't cheap as the tool is substantial.

A

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:44 am 

If you're lucky to find one buy it asap. That tool is discontinued and apparently no longer made at Campy from what I was told.
I'm sure a company like VAR or Parktools will come out with something later on.

I don't know what Campy was thinking coming out with the overtorque crankset and first gen powertorque. Overtorque is really the worst I've seen.
If they wanted to do an oversize axle, they could just have done the ultra-torque with 30mm shaft or do something like powertorque 30mm aluminum shaft and self extracting bolt like the new Potenza.