Respray of Colnago C60. Custom or original paint scheme?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

torinb

by torinb

Hi. I have a 2014 Colnago C60 in colour code THBI (see picture). I am considering getting a respray from m-level (David Meirhaeghe) in Belgium. I initially like the art decor color schemes OFCG and MHRD. But I have also considered PR82. Instead of visible carbon weave, my bike will have black background.

But of course i have the option to go fully custom, to get whatever i want. I will not get this done until autumn, so I will probably change my mind several times.

I am really happy to get opinions and suggestions.

Here is how the bike looks today, and below is how it would look in MHRD.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

My vote for custom... be different and unique. Can't wait to see it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nismosr

by nismosr

gulf racing ! or check out Fetska paint design, I like most of them if you want something unique.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

AJS914

by AJS914

I vote custom. Be unique. My C59 is my keeper frame and some day I think I'll do custom. My top pick so far is the Zabel blue paint job that came on the EPS.

How much does an MHRD paint job? I just wonder what the cost differential would be if you just bought one and sold the one you have.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Go custom. I don't really see the point in painting it to match an existing Colnago color scheme - if you want do that, I have to wonder, why didn't you buy the other color scheme in the first place?

torinb

by torinb

I have seen the Gulf Racing C60. I like the design, but not the colours. It could have been cool with the same designdesign, but the colours from a vintage Alfa Romeo race-car. Inspiration from this one. And perhaps incorporated the italian stripes somewhere on the frame.

The price would be around 600 euros to get the MHRD paint job. I would be much more expensive to sell the THBI and get a new MHRD.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

I've always liked this custom job. I like it because it has a theme. If you love vintage Alfas, I'm sure you could come up with a cool one of a kind theme.

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/technspec/colnago-eps/