When is a Bora ONE 50 revamp expected?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Roark

by Roark

Hi,

I am considering buying a set of Bora ONE 50 clinchers, but since they've been almost three years in the market already I am worried that Campagnolo may release any updated model.

Does anyone have any news/rumours on this? I can hold the trigger until summer or something (2-3 months)...

Regards

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rocky

by Rocky

Roark wrote:Hi,

I am considering buying a set of Bora ONE 50 clinchers, but since they've been almost three years in the market already I am worried that Campagnolo may release any updated model.

Does anyone have any news/rumours on this? I can hold the trigger until summer or something (2-3 months)...

Regards

There was a minor revamp in early 2016 when they moved from 21mm to 24mm width

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Storck Aernario Pro (Campy Chorus)
Bianchi Infinito CV (Campy Chorus)
Storck Fenomalist (Retired)

Sam

by Sam

They just recently migrated their entire porfolio to "C17", i.e. 17mm internal rim width, why I don't think they will revamp the high end until something radical happens on the market.

Sure, trickle down the technology and then re-do it every 5 years, but I don't believe that cycle is not fully applicable to Campagnolo. But I'll be happy to be wrong.

Roark

by Roark

Rocky wrote:
Roark wrote:Hi,

Regards

There was a minor revamp in early 2016 when they moved from 21mm to 24mm width

That was back in 2015 (when the new toroidal shape and new decals went out), wasn't it?

AZK

by AZK

The current Bora One 50 clincher won the TOUR mag test (8/2016) for ' best aerodynamic wheel' . Against a total of 18 other wheelsets from most the big players.

So I doubt they will update the Bora 50, maybe the 80. Either way I don't mind if they do. Anything for an excuse to buy another wheelset :beerchug:

tomycs

by tomycs

In a similar way to everyone else, I don't know either. I did notice however that unlike Alu wheels, carbon wheels do seem to get updated in shorter intervals.

dj97223

by dj97223

AZK wrote:So I doubt they will update the Bora 50, maybe the 80. Either way I don't mind if they do. Anything for an excuse to buy another wheelset :beerchug:

I like the way you think. :thumbup:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

tommasini

by tommasini

Over the years since the carbon boras first appeared, Campy carbon wheels received very infrequent updates. The current wide rimmed offerings.....it would seem like there will be very little to nothing to tweak.............

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Roark wrote:That was back in 2015 (when the new toroidal shape and new decals went out), wasn't it?

Yes.

fogman

by fogman

Last summer Movistar were testing prototype Bora wheels with semi-circular grooves cut into the 3Diamant braking surface to improve braking in wet conditions.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/prototy ... -the-tour/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, I remember that, and couldn't see what they were talking about back then. So I just went back to the link you just put up and blew up the pics as best I could and now I see it. Barely hairline lines that almost look like small scratches across the brake track. I'll bet there wasn't even a detectable difference and hence we haven't heard anything of them since. Now, if Campy was better at marketing like some other bike manufacturers, they'd have had new wheels out touting the new "scratches" as showing x percent braking improvement and furthermore, they tested the braking in their very own wind tunnel just to be sure. :)
Oh, and then they'd put out a "white paper" on it, cuz that would make it official.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

russianbear

by russianbear

The Bora 80s were updates to the new width couple years ago as well.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

I thought the Bora 80's still have the v-shape rim... ?

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Off topic, apologies.

Agree with @nd2rc, Bora 80 is still on narrow width, no changes to the rim shape etc.

Refer to the latest Campagnolo catalog.

Cheers

Eclat

by Eclat

I think the new model will be released soon.

Because many websites such as probikekit.com sells Bora wheelsets in really low prices.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com