Next year, I'll have a round birthday. Excuse enough to think about a dream build. And to ask for suggestions
What's in the stable:
- A Pasculli Altissimo (custom geo) DA 9070 Di2, Citec 3000 Carbon wheels, Speci cranks with P2M, just being repainted, getting Berk cockpit and has a Berk saddle
- An aluminium disc Ultegra gravelish winter bike, also with Citec wheels, Deda cockpit
- A Trek Speed Concept for triathlon / TT
About me: 2m tall, 88kg, long legs, shortish torso and arms, so don't fit that many stock frames, even though I have a reasonably sporty position. Mostly Endurance geometries work well for me (Domane, Roubaix, etc.). I find that on big frames stiffness is important, due to the long levers.
Characteristics I'd like to get:
- Disc frame (I ride a lot in the mountains and am convinced of the advantages)
- Reasonably light (got down to about 7kg, would hope to be a bit lighter next time)
- Clincher - tubs are too much hassle for me
- Decent comfort, but needs to be stiff in the head tube
- Fairly reliable - can't be bothered with very high maintenance flimsy parts - I have broken plenty of spokes on rear wheels until I went to Citec wheels
- Berk custom disc frame with strong slope for long exposed seat post
- Berk seat post / saddle combo + cockpit
- ETap Hydro
- Speci cranks with a Quarq or P2M (I'd like to keep riding with a PM)
- Wheels... this is where it gets complicated. Bikeahead Biturbo Roads are light and clincher (and apparently stiff), but the looks.... hmmm. Any ideas for disc clinchers in the 1000-1200g range that are solid enough for a guy my size.
- Speedplays with titanium axles (the replacement ones from the states)
Fire away - inspiration and ideas are welcome. Especially slightly left field custom makers who do nice carbon stuff. Steel or titanium isn't too much my thing...