Selle italia k. Carbonio vs Fizik Arione/Antares

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gitsome

by gitsome

Hello

Can anyone characterize differences between these saddles for me? Ive been riding kit carbonio for some time it fits me but wondering if fiziks might be more comfortable on rides over 60 miles or so.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

DaReef

by DaReef

This is too much of a personal preference. The Carbonio is by far the best saddle I've ever ridden. 20mi, 100mi, 200mi, cheap bibs, expensive bibs, doesn't matter. No rubbing, no saddle sores...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

I ride an SLR carbonio and have used Arione in the past (for a year or so). I could never get used to the Arione. SLR is more minimalist but you sit on your sitbones so it never gets uncomfortable.
That is just my personal experience though, you have to try yourself.

moonoi

by moonoi

I switch between the Arione CX and the Selle Italia Flite K Carbonio. I find the Flite to be quite a bit harder, but not too much difference in comfort over a 100km ride to be honest.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

My Arione 00 and R7 were really uncomfortable for me.

Swapped them both out for Selle San Marco Aspide Superleggera's, and I have had no issues at all. Both under 106g of beautiful hand crafted carbon!
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

gitsome

by gitsome

Thanks all, i do realize it is all very subjective. I guess since feedback so far has been contrary to fizik would anyone mind describing what they didny like about the saddles specifically?
I know its been said before how difficult it is to find the right one without spending thousands to try them all...

corky

by corky

Comparing Antares 00 to SLR team........ the Antares is wider, flatter and for me has sharper edges despite the 'wing flex' marketing spiel......

Tried so hard to love the Antares, but the SLR is just that bit better for me.

NB The Antares 00 is the original version, have not tried the new version with the one piece carbon rail.
Would love to know if this is an improvement?

Tomdaws

by Tomdaws

Its been a number of years since I rode an SLR, the last few years I've been on Ariones(R1 & R5) & then switched to Antares(R1 & R5) about 6 months ago.

I actually prefer the Antares as it offers me more comfort in the different positions - the nose is wide & flat & more supportive when I'm right forward, but I've found it critical that they are set up just right. Fizik have a video on YouTube that explains how to set up the front half of the Antares level or slightly nose down. I think I've been able to find the 'sweet-spot' & now love it !

The Ariones were a little easier to set up as they are completely flat, again I found a very slight nose down attitude the most comfortable.

Over the years I've found 'flat' saddles the easiest to get right, but now I'm glad I persevered with my Antares. Weirdly I find the R1 more comfortable than my R5. I was expecting the carbon rails & light weight to have a negative impact on comfort ?

Hope this helps in some way :-)

hambini

by hambini

I think Cycling Maven described the Fizik like "Having a vasectomy whilst riding a bike"

I'm not a fan of flat type saddles but everyone is different.
Hambini Aeronautical Engineer, Polluting YouTube since 2016 - views expressed are my own...

gitsome

by gitsome

Coughs up drink...good god!

moonoi

by moonoi

Lol, Fizik was the most comfortable saddle for me for a long time! Certainly wouldn't describe them in that way, well except perhaps for the Volta, that really was awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madik

by madik

As my SLR Superflow L3 got broken rail I am looking for some replacement. Have anyone knows what is the general difference between the SLR and Flite models? Is there some shape differences when are compared L2 or L3 models from both SLR and Flite series?
My eyes are on the Flite kit carbonio flow atm.
I have tried Arione large, Antares Large and Antares VS but non of them were better than the SLR Superflow. But the SLR also isnt perfect and broken titanium rail isnt a good motivator to buy the same same saddle again..
Functionality > Performance > Weight

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

slr is more V shaped allows you sit more forward on the saddle, flite is T shaped which gives you more room for big thighs but you have sit farther back on the saddle

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LewisK

by LewisK

I've used an Arione for years and recently switched to a Kit carbonio Flow. Not much in it for me, but I prefer the Selle Italia!