The $75 265g integrated handlebar stem experiment

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

motorapido

by motorapido

well here's the photos, and weights etc,

the base bars without the cover plates weigh 370grammes,
with the cover plates and screws, 382 grammes,
Spacers stack and shims weigh 55 grammes, and i doubt i will be using them the base unit with the clamp bolt feels pretty hefty and makes up a lot of the weight of the spacer stack.
General finish is pretty good, the 3 port Di2 junction is a snug fit, the cover plates are a bit cheap and the central t shaped one was distorted, nothing some manipulation and boiling water can't fix. Stem angle appears to be about 10 degrees, and the only downside is there is no obvious mount for a Garmin, so something custom may be required.

pics,
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

slake21

by slake21

is that the chinese one from ebay?

btw canyon sells garmin mounts separately
Last edited by slake21 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hidefguy

by hidefguy

Nice. I ordered the same bar let me know how it holds up can't wait for mine to arrive. btw you can buy the garmin mount on ebay.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: eBay link removed

motorapido

by motorapido

Thanks for the info on the Garmin mount, Slake 21 yepp the first picture is off ebay and not mine, but the rest of the photos are.
I have no links with the seller other than i bought these bars off them through Ebay, it seemed better buyer protection than through alibaba or direct from the supplier. got tracking number straight away which actually worked, and a nice easy transaction.

KarlC

by KarlC

motorapido wrote:Thanks for the info on the Garmin mount, Slake 21 yepp the first picture is off ebay and not mine, but the rest of the photos are.
I have no links with the seller other than i bought these bars off them through Ebay, it seemed better buyer protection than through alibaba or direct from the supplier. got tracking number straight away which actually worked, and a nice easy transaction.

Great photos and info, can you post a link to the one you bought?

There looks to be a few sellers on Ebay that have these Caynon type bars.

Thx
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

motorapido

by motorapido

I bought this one from Costelo Sports, they also have a website,
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ebay link removed

KarlC

by KarlC

[quote="motorapido"]I bought this one from Costelo Sports, they also have a website,

/quote]

Good to know as thats the same seller I bought my S5 rep bars from back in 2015, they a very good quality and still going Strong. I would buy more products from this seller

These are the one I have now......
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: eBay links removed
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Anders3404

by Anders3404

motorapido wrote:I bought this one from Costelo Sports, they also have a website,

Whats the reach on this one? The pictures say 70mm but the description says 90mm

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
Reason: eBay link removed

motorapido

by motorapido

Reach is definitely 90mm, probably a wholesale copy of the text off the Canyon bars as there's are 70mm reach.

loudtiger

by loudtiger

what's the angle of the stem?

arnoldagdagan

by arnoldagdagan

I just got my copy a few weeks ago (99$).. did 200kms on it already, very sturdy and no flex at all. Love how it looks [emoji106][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Isn't it funny that when some one posted a topic in here asking: chinese handlebars, yes or no? the majority said no!!!!! not even with a barge pole. Right now we have a topic that promotes them.

I'd rather keep my teeth and health and spend some more money to buy at a brand then getting the factory seconds.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

arnoldagdagan

by arnoldagdagan

Frankie - B wrote:Isn't it funny that when some one posted a topic in here asking: chinese handlebars, yes or no? the majority said no!!!!! not even with a barge pole. Right now we have a topic that promotes them.

I'd rather keep my teeth and health and spend some more money to buy at a brand then getting the factory seconds.

Why would you assume those that bought Chinese products promotes them as well?? That's pretty judgmental ... Point taken that factory seconds and fake items have questionable safety and health credibility.. you know well why they still buy them, it is because of the price. And yes they go to forums to share their happy and yes sad experiences.. cheers!!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Frankie - B wrote:Isn't it funny that when some one posted a topic in here asking: chinese handlebars, yes or no? the majority said no!!!!! not even with a barge pole. Right now we have a topic that promotes them.

Yep, this thread is very much relevant to "Chinese handle bar YES/NO" that got no where. I find it rather amusing when every one of you is aware that cycling is an expensive sport, yet you find the solution to cut cost as much as possible. Sadly this sport is degrading.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

glepore

by glepore

Degrading? Because I'm not willing to pay for stuff that's marked up through multiple levels of distribution etc.?

I've been riding a bike since the mid 80's. I think I might have a little knowledge and experience. Parts break. Light parts break more often than heavy parts. Whatever. I don't know that the "source" of something determines its safety, and its naive to assume that price does as well. There are only a couple ways to figure it out-destructive testing or experience. Not many of us do what Raoul Luescher does, so we'll just rely on experience. And Raoul finds plenty of crap among highly respected brands, and some of the cheapest stuff is actually first class (Fuji, for example).

I'm not promoting anything, just reporting on a product. But I'm degrading the sport? Sheesh.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com