Converting flat mount to post mount

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Miller

by Miller

Disc brakes again, soz.

If a frame comes with flat mount fittings on fork and chainstay, am I right in thinking that post mount calipers can be fitted using an adapter like this?

http://www.gambacicli.com/en/shimano-fl ... 60p-d.html

Are there any potential issues with this?

Broady

by Broady

Nope should be fine.

You can't go the other way. Well you can but it's sketchy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NickJHP

by NickJHP

Broady wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:55 am
Nope should be fine.

I didn't think it was possible at all to adapt a flat mount caliper for use on a post mount or IS frame/fork. Can it actually be done? Reason I ask is that I have some SRAM Force hydraulic road shifters/calipers with flat mount calipers, and a frame that I could use them on except that it has post mounts. If I could use the existing calipers it would save having to purchase something like the Hope RX4 calipers for SRAM in post mount.

Nick

Broady

by Broady

NickJHP wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:07 am
Broady wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:55 am
Nope should be fine.

I didn't think it was possible at all to adapt a flat mount caliper for use on a post mount or IS frame/fork. Can it actually be done? Reason I ask is that I have some SRAM Force hydraulic road shifters/calipers with flat mount calipers, and a frame that I could use them on except that it has post mounts. If I could use the existing calipers it would save having to purchase something like the Hope RX4 calipers for SRAM in post mount.

Nick
Here's one guys attempt at it. It's dependant on the fork and whether there is space for the adaptor, consequently it's not something that any company offers.