Fine to use Look's Q-Factor washers on Speedplays?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shrike

by Shrike

There's a sort of recessed area on them. Just wondering if that'd cause any issues with Speedplays.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Look-Adjustabl ... k+q+factor

Maybe just some regular 2mm washer on eBay instead?

Spindles are 53mm on my Speedplays, but feeling just a touch too tight. If buying again I'd definitely go longer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jfranci3

by jfranci3

2MM isn't going to get you much. You're probably fine using them, but anything more than 2mm and I'd switch to Speedplay's longer spindles, which are $120. That spacer has a lip to support the spindle which helps prevent you from overtightening the pedal as the pedal is steel or TI and the crank arm likely has aluminium there, whihc is MUCH softer.

uraqt

by uraqt

I would double check the crank you are using directions. I am 30% sure you can't use washers on some Campy cranks according to some directions I read that I can barely remember.

C

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Also, maybe put washers / spring washers on the crank spindle? You should be able to get a few more MM out of it.

Shrike

by Shrike

Yeah agree it's not much, but can't stomach forking out for the longer spindles right now :x

On Rotor 3D+, will shoot Rotor an email even though I hate dealing with the useless cowboys (long story :lol: ), but I'm thinking a 2 or 3mm spacer would be okay.