Anyone know why Colnago stopped offering the C60 in OFWH and OFCG?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

OhJeebus

by OhJeebus

I was really looking forward to picking one up but it seems Colnago doesn't offer those 2 color options anymore.

There is only the MHWH which isn't as nice imo.

Thinking about picking up a used one, just wondering if those color options had some kind of problem and that's why Colnago stopped making them?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

What size are you looking for in OFCG? I know of a NOS in a 54s.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

OhJeebus

by OhJeebus

Calnago wrote:What size are you looking for in OFCG? I know of a NOS in a 54s.

Thats a tad too big for me. I need a 52S or 55 traditonal.

Thanks for offering though

MJB

by MJB

If you have not yet tried and are willing to ship from Italy; try Giovanni at Cicli Mattio, they sometimes have superseded / NOS Colnago top end frames still on the floor a few years after launch.

My guess as to why that pair of gorgeous colour schemes are no longer available off the rack is that this is what Colnago usually does - with previous top line models C50,EP.EPS, C59 the paint codes have typically been offered for a couple of years before being routinely discontinued for the new generation schemes.

You could always go all out dollar and time wise and order a C60 direct with your choice of size and paint.........

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

While you can order a specific size, and even custom geometry, I don't think they will do a colour scheme that isn't part of their current offerings anymore.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

MJB

by MJB

Calnago wrote:While you can order a specific size, and even custom geometry, I don't think they will do a colour scheme that isn't part of their current offerings anymore.

Yikes! - if so that is indeed a shame. I guess to a certain extent Colnago would have to retain an airbrush painter who has the skills and experience to get one off 'historic' colour scheme orders spot on first time, every time to justify this service.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OhJeebus

by OhJeebus

MJB wrote:
Calnago wrote:While you can order a specific size, and even custom geometry, I don't think they will do a colour scheme that isn't part of their current offerings anymore.

Yikes! - if so that is indeed a shame. I guess to a certain extent Colnago would have to retain an airbrush painter who has the skills and experience to get one off 'historic' colour scheme orders spot on first time, every time to justify this service.

It is true unfortunately. Been searching all week, no dealers can get the OFWH anymore and I was specifically told Colnago doesn't do any paint schemes that isn't in their current lineup as Calnago mentioned *sigh*