Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: SRAM shifting with Di2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:09 pm 

Like many of you, I have been reading about the "wonderfully intuitive shifting logic" of the SRAM eTap.  I purchased a new bike several months ago with Shimano Di2 and wished for that same type of shifting.  I quickly realized I could alter the shifting commands of the levers and came up with this:
• The left shifter. small button, shifts the front derailleur to the smaller cog (downshift)
• The left shifter, large button, shifts the rear derailleur to the larger cog (downshift)
• The right shifter. small button, shifts the front derailleur to the larger cog (upshift)
• The right shifter, large button, shifts the rear derailleur to the smaller cog (upshift)

Now, with the exception of using both buttons at the same time to shift the front derailleur like the eTap, it essentially shifts like an eTap. Also, since the rear shifting is now controlled by the bigger "rear" buttons, I have fewer mis-shifts caused by bumping the wrong shift lever.

Post subject: SRAM shifting with Di2
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:09 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:51 pm 

I did the same but took the "grooved" paddles for rear shifting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:11 pm 

Got both my road bikes set up the same way, and far fewer mis-shifts than the standard setup, especially with thick winter gloves.

My CX is slightly different as i have shoehorned Di2 electronics into Sram housings with momentary switches operated by the Sram shift paddles.
its a 1 x 11 setup. have only gone that route due to the lighter weight and preferred ergonomics of the HydroR levers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:28 am 

Glad I'm not the only one doing this! I've been doing this since June 2016 and it took a few weeks to get used to but I find it much more intuitive, maybe more so than E-Tap.