Cable routing tips for a Di2 newbie

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

simurs4

by simurs4

Hey guys i've got an older S Works Venge 2012/13 that I bought second hand last year with Ultegra Di2, was great apart from the paint on the frame which was trashed. Rode it a couple times then stripped it apart and sent off the frame for painting. I've now got it back and am undertaking the task of rebuilding it. I'm struggling a bit to get the cables at the rear of the bike in place, this is my first time routing in Di2 wiring btw. The wires for the shifters which went internally through the handlebars were easy enough as was the wire that goes down through the down tube to the junction box at the bottom bracket.
The wires i'm struggling with are for the front and rear derailleurs and the external battery which is mounted under the BB.
Has anyone who might have messed with Di2 a bit got any tips in getting the wires fed through? I used an old shift cable to guide the other wires through but these last 3 are tricky as they need to loop around the bottom bracket shell and out a little hole on the bottom of the frame :/
Any help would be great as I would prefer to do it myself rather then resort to a bike shop.

tilf

by tilf

Park IR1.2, brake wire and a shepherd's crook made out of a piece of spoke or as was recommended to me dental floss and a vacuum

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

eBay it and put the money towards eTap :P

#saynotocables

jlok

by jlok

Definitely remove the BB before wire routing. Can't see how you could connect the B junction with Bb still on.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10