Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:30 am
Posts: 61
anyone considered using shimano/sram cassette instead of using chorus? ultegra is cheaper and lighter than chorus, on the other hand sram red is a good light option?

Im considering switching to ultegra or red cassettes when i get my new wheel


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:45 am 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 pm
Posts: 125
Location: Madrid, España
syplam wrote:
anyone considered using shimano/sram cassette instead of using chorus? ultegra is cheaper and lighter than chorus, on the other hand sram red is a good light option?

Im considering switching to ultegra or red cassettes when i get my new wheel


Sram is lighter but the tradeoff is that parts do not last as long as other brands. Also the distance between the rear cogs on Shimano/sram is different than campagnolo.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:46 pm
Posts: 122
I'm running Ultegra on my race wheels with Chorus 11-speed. It's working just fine.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:16 pm
Posts: 7
Geoff wrote:
Funny. I remember that debate when I was a Junior (although, then the debate was Nuovo Record or Super Record!). I decided on Nuovo Record and regretted it all season (kids). Forget the naysayers and get what you want. So you'll have to sweep-up at the LBS a few more nights instead of going out with your gal, so what, she'll get used to it. Oh, yeah, use a Chorus cassette...



I'm a cyclist, what girlfriend? :D

_________________
Bikes:
TCR 2003
Battaglin Racer - Build about to get underway

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/coffeefueledrider/
Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/7927957


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:32 pm
Posts: 78
Look595 wrote:
i always able to use the ultrashift function and move up 3 to 4 gears and have a sudden breakaway easily in my group and i like this function alot, whereas no other brand allow me to do so.

Man, that is so true. I just found out the new Dura Ace 9100 group can't do multiple up/down like my Record group can. That's just pathetic for sure. I can navigate my Record group as fast as an electronic group-set.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:50 pm
Posts: 254
if you have the cash then SR all the way otherwise Chorus. To me it feels the same as my SR but I live the look of the SR and in theory it should be quicker because of CULT. Really can't see what Record would offer over Chorus...

_________________
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm
Posts: 338
fabriciom wrote:
syplam wrote:
anyone considered using shimano/sram cassette instead of using chorus? ultegra is cheaper and lighter than chorus, on the other hand sram red is a good light option?

Im considering switching to ultegra or red cassettes when i get my new wheel


Sram is lighter but the tradeoff is that parts do not last as long as other brands. Also the distance between the rear cogs on Shimano/sram is different than campagnolo.


I use a SRAM red cassette with SR, and the distances between the cogs on 11 speed drive chains are pretty much exactly the same, it was the old 10 speed that was significantly different.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 pm
Posts: 125
Location: Madrid, España
moonoi wrote:
fabriciom wrote:
syplam wrote:
anyone considered using shimano/sram cassette instead of using chorus? ultegra is cheaper and lighter than chorus, on the other hand sram red is a good light option?

Im considering switching to ultegra or red cassettes when i get my new wheel


Sram is lighter but the tradeoff is that parts do not last as long as other brands. Also the distance between the rear cogs on Shimano/sram is different than campagnolo.


I use a SRAM red cassette with SR, and the distances between the cogs on 11 speed drive chains are pretty much exactly the same, it was the old 10 speed that was significantly different.


I believe the campagnolo cassette separator is 1.5mm while Shimano is 1mm. What's the price difference from a shimano cassette vs a chorus?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:30 am
Posts: 61
fabriciom wrote:
moonoi wrote:
fabriciom wrote:
syplam wrote:
anyone considered using shimano/sram cassette instead of using chorus? ultegra is cheaper and lighter than chorus, on the other hand sram red is a good light option?

Im considering switching to ultegra or red cassettes when i get my new wheel


Sram is lighter but the tradeoff is that parts do not last as long as other brands. Also the distance between the rear cogs on Shimano/sram is different than campagnolo.


I use a SRAM red cassette with SR, and the distances between the cogs on 11 speed drive chains are pretty much exactly the same, it was the old 10 speed that was significantly different.


I believe the campagnolo cassette separator is 1.5mm while Shimano is 1mm. What's the price difference from a shimano cassette vs a chorus?


I think ultegra is half the price of a chorus cassette? With little weight penalty and red is more weightweenie at similar prices.

I suppose some cog alignment would be off but unless u index ur gears before every ride there shouldn't be that much noticeable difference?

Probably better resale value for ur wheels as well if you use a shimano freehub.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm
Posts: 338
Nope, cog spacing has no real difference, you can check Leonard Zinns article on drivetrain compatibility (from 2013)

http://www.velonews.com/2013/09/bikes-a ... ght_303199

There is also a bikerumour article with a picture of a Campagnolo and Shimano Cassette side by side to show they are pretty much identical



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:59 pm
Posts: 235
I vote Chorus.... And let us know how the build goes!

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Chorus or Record??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:12 pm
Posts: 136
I swap wheels between my chorus and Ultegra bike and I don't even touch the barrel adjuster. Glides up and down across the full cassette in both chainrings


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Potenza vs Chorus/Record/SR chainrings

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

robertbb

22

1550

Tue May 30, 2017 5:08 pm

ultimobici View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Record EPS shifters on Chorus EPS interface

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

userfriendly

19

1766

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:39 pm

saverin View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ultegra Di2-Chorus FPS, Mech Record

in Road

digitalnorbs

0

161

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:19 pm

digitalnorbs View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Campagnolo Record/Super Record 11 Rev + Medium Cage

in Road

dudemanppl

4

638

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:41 pm

joeyb1000 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) New Chorus RD....bent??

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Boshk

27

1203

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:42 am

Boshk View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], hidefguy, Lionheart, lyrictenor1, sungod and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited