SRAM Etap FD is driving me up the wall...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

This question is directly driven at those who have set up and used the SRAM Etap..

Has anybody run in to any issues with the front deraileur such that they can't get it to properly shift outboard? I'm trying to run this on my bike (C60) and while I initially had it perfectly dialed in at one point, I replaced the crank (for a different make) and now can't get it to properly shift. Granted that the FD hanger on the C60 sits a bit more outboard than usual, and the fact that I used 2mm of spacers btw the BB and crankarm, I made the necessary adjustments to compensate. Yet, for the life of me, I can't get the chain to shift up to the larger ring whilst having it spin around the middle of the rear cogs..

I've heard some talk over the fact that the RED FD needs to be "toed-out" more so than shimano/campy but can anybody actually shed some light on what I may be doing wrong? Its driving me nuts that I'm spending hours on what should take minutes.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Sufficient pressure on the wedge to stop the mech flexing?
Using Tapatalk

kkibbler

by kkibbler

At risk of stating the obvious make sure you're following the installation instructions to the letter, especially the sequence of setting the limit screws. I found it helpful to play Sram's Youtube video while working on it.

Also, I noticed the FD overshifts different amounts depending on where the RD is along the cassette. You could try re-pairing everything to make sure that info is still being transmitted between mechs.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Yeah, was thinking about that as well as the currently wedge is showing some signs of fatigue.. If anybody on this forum can spare a wedge (mid-size), please PM me...

I've tried reaching out to the dealers w/in my region (asia) but the service has been appalling and don't want to go through the motions of having to buy an entire FD just for the sake of needing a "wedge"...its almost silly.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

@kkibbler, as mentioned, the set up process was flawless at first but noted that I may try re-pairing the group.