Worth upgrading to cannondale hollowgram si ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jobvisser

by jobvisser

hi,
i came across this cannondale hollowgram yesterday,it's a 172,5 mm 110bcd with 53-39 chainrings on it .
right now i have a fsa sl-k light hollowcarbon crankset which is 175mm long . i am 5.8 feet and i think 175 is a bit too long for me .
at the moment im riding a cannondale supersix evo with sram red and custom wheels ( picture is the same frameset )
would it be worth upgrading to this crank for €125 ?
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

Hexsense

by Hexsense

jobvisser wrote:hi,
i came across this cannondale hollowgram yesterday,it's a 172,5 mm 110bcd with 53-39 chainrings on it .
right now i have a fsa sl-k light hollowcarbon crankset which is 175mm long . i am 5.8 feet and i think 175 is a bit too long for me .
at the moment im riding a cannondale supersix evo with sram red and custom wheels ( picture is the same frameset )

would it be worth upgrading to this crank for €125 ?

1.) it's not that much step up from FSA SL-K to Hollowgram SI as it is still second tier crank-arm (Hollowgram SISL2 is the top one).And third tier chainring. , main advantage of Cannondale system is the Spidering chainring (either 8 arms or 10 arms) which you don't get here...
Sram red crank arm weight less (BB30 version, as your frame support it), and stiffer (by fairwheel bike's testing). It's just that their chainring are a bit heavier (but you can change...) . That is more interesting choice IMO.
2.) if you think 175 is too long, 2.5mm down may not make so much difference. You might as well go down to 170mm.
I'm 5'6.5 and using 165mm right now. And i'd like to try 162.5 if it offer as standard in the future.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VforVonnegut

by VforVonnegut

For the aesthetics, yes.

evan326

by evan326

I didn't think 53/39 was possible on 110?
It looks like it's missing chainring bolts, so you have to factor that cost in. If the idea is to get this one cheap just to try the different length, then sure. Otherwise I wouldn't buy that specific crankset. It looks like it has a long story to tell.