Thinking about hacking apart SRAM Blips to fit them under aero bars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shrike

by Shrike

So basically.. SRAM's Blips have a curved rear backing so they fit nicely on regular round bars. I want to stick them in climbing position under Cervelo aero bars. At the moment I've used a strip of electrical tape.

Clearly unacceptable in the long term, but I've managed to keep my mind off the abomination by focusing on other bike related tasks.

However I've run out of other things to do on the bike and now I have to face it.

I'm thinking to hack the Blips apart - inside should be a basic switch which could maybe be glued on to the underside? Not sure what type of glue to use.

Other idea is to fill in the curve, with, dunno. Some crap. Then it'd have a flatter back and glue that to the underside. Or maybe just file off the 'wings' that stick out and which form the round shape.

Clearly pics are needed:

Back of a Blip

S5 bars

Thinking maybe triathletes and TT folk have had lots of experience doing stuff like this so thought I'd ask before breaking things apart..

joejack951

by joejack951

This thread has some ideas for you: viewtopic.php?t=140054

For a switch, something waterproof like this would work well: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/307/en-b3sn-371257.pdf

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

Thanks Joe, got some inspiration there :P