5 foot 9 on a VN Euros size50

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

terrible1

by terrible1

Hi all, searching for a small ti bike's been a nightmare, real needle in a haystack stuff.

I prefer a smaller frame and ride a Scott Addict in size 52 (top tube ctc 53.5) with a 100mm stem. I am 5 foot 9 with 31 inseam. I have shorter arms and torso than the average lanky cyclist.

I've come across a nice nice Van Nicholas Euros in size 50 - top tube 50.5 ctc, headtube 11cm. I wonder if anyone has any advice on this fitwise?

I am wondering if the VN with a 130mm stem may be able to fit me similarly?

Thanks, all advice is humbly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

duvivr6

by duvivr6

That 50 VN is not that far off your Addict, I think a 130 stem would make it 10cm longer than the addict. It says the effective TT is 52.0.

To account the headtube is 1cm shorter and the negative angle of the stem adds to reach.

Easiest way to figure this out is calculating reach and stack for the VN and comparing it to the Addict.

Have fun.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

A friend of mine has a Euros that he loves.

In terms of sizing they are pretty close stack and reach wise, I have put the stack and reach details for the Ventus below which has the same geometry as the Euros (no s/r numbers for the Euros).

VAN Nic stack 522 reach 379
Scott. stack 526.7 reach 384

So you would be pretty close, you might only need to go up to a 110mm stem to get a similar cockpit length.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

terrible1

by terrible1

Thank you for your input - one new concern I have is the 11cm headtube of the Euros.

The bike in question has been cut to slammed level, while my Scott uses a Zipp Service Course -6deg with about 15mm of spacers beneath.

I can't seem to get my head around whether the VN be too low at the front. Obviously I cannot get a massive riser stem to compensate.

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

You also need to factor in the extra length to the head tube the external headset cups will add which might be an extra 2.5cm depending on what model you use.

An option would be to swap the fork if there is insufficient steerer length. My friend with the Euros just swapped the Easton EC70 fork that came with his bike for a Columbus Carve, while not as light as the Minimal fork, it gives a good match to the tube size.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

Pics of you on your existing bike?

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

I used this spread sheet when setting up my most recent bike to line up with the fit from my existing bike. I found it useful with working out the required number of spacers etc. to match the two bikes a close as I could.

http://gearinches.com/blog/misc/bike-ge ... comparator

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com