Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:25 am
Posts: 27
Location: NoCA
Hey guys, any Dogma owners out there riding the 47cm? I've done some research, read a few things on this site and others, etc...Really interested in getting some feedback from those who went with a 47 vs the 50 or even the 51.5 for that matter (though I think the 51.5 would be a stretch, litterally). Without getting into the gritty details of fit as I know there are several factors and riding preferences that go into it, I'm between the 47 and 50 being 5'7", inseam of 30, reach of 60cm. I've spent a lot of time with my fitter and could really go either way. My fitter is leaning towards the 47 as it does have that extra 5cm on the head tube which would result in the very important looks dept with that much less in spacers :D Smaller frame, lower weight...BONUS :thumbup: :thumbup: Though I will lose that extra cage hole.

As a reference, I currently ride a 54 in an SWORKS Tarmac. I could have gone with a 52 (as I'm also between these sizes) but wanted that taller head tube at the time. I will say that I do feel slightly stretched (100 stem) but generally feel comfortable on it. But if I had to do it again, would probably go with a 52.

Would love feedback and would love to see some pics of Dogma's in the 47. Is the 'sloping' top tube that much more pronounced? Google image search isn't really clear to me if I'm looking at 47cm frames! Pics please!!!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:34 pm
Posts: 29
I'm the same height and I have a 47. I have saddle height of 70.04 and 100mm stem is slammed on 5mm top cap. If I get a F10 I would go down a size..

The slope is slightly more pronounced compared to other sizes with slightly longer head tube. I'll try to post a pic if I can find time...but don't gt your hopes up!


Top
   
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:25 am
Posts: 27
Location: NoCA
ALS wrote:
I'm the same height and I have a 47. I have saddle height of 70.04 and 100mm stem is slammed on 5mm top cap. If I get a F10 I would go down a size..

The slope is slightly more pronounced compared to other sizes with slightly longer head tube. I'll try to post a pic if I can find time...but don't gt your hopes up!


Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah my saddle height is 69...looks like we're pretty close on paper anyway. I'm measured for a 110 stem on this as my torso is longer. Interesting hat you would consider going down a size if you were to get the same frame...makes me think the 47 is the right size for me. Why specifically would you consider going down?

Would be great if you could post pics but PM me pics of easier. Thanks in advance and appreciate the insight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:33 pm
Posts: 28
Image

Here is my 47. My previous bike was a "small" Parlee z5 sli and the stack and reach numbers were within 1 or 2 mm.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:25 am
Posts: 27
Location: NoCA
WESTMOTORSPORTS wrote:
Image

Here is my 47. My previous bike was a "small" Parlee z5 sli and the stack and reach numbers were within 1 or 2 mm.


Thanks for the pic...excellent build.
Fair to say that most of the smaller Dogma's have a slightly sloping top tube then...


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:13 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Great Southern Land
TwinSpokes21 wrote:
WESTMOTORSPORTS wrote:

Here is my 47. My previous bike was a "small" Parlee z5 sli and the stack and reach numbers were within 1 or 2 mm.


Thanks for the pic...excellent build.
Fair to say that most of the smaller Dogma's have a slightly sloping top tube then...


Believe it is from the 47 and smaller. My 50 has the "almost" level top tube but does not have the extra cage bolt on the seat tube that the larger frame sizes have.

_________________
Ahhh, coffee & carbon


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:25 am
Posts: 27
Location: NoCA
beanbiken wrote:
TwinSpokes21 wrote:
WESTMOTORSPORTS wrote:

Here is my 47. My previous bike was a "small" Parlee z5 sli and the stack and reach numbers were within 1 or 2 mm.


Thanks for the pic...excellent build.
Fair to say that most of the smaller Dogma's have a slightly sloping top tube then...


Believe it is from the 47 and smaller. My 50 has the "almost" level top tube but does not have the extra cage bolt on the seat tube that the larger frame sizes have.


Thought the 50's and up had the extra cage bolt. I appreciate PInarello's attention to detail but the extra positioning of the cages aren't of real concern to me. Got a pic of your 50cm?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:13 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Great Southern Land
[/quote]Thought the 50's and up had the extra cage bolt. I appreciate PInarello's attention to detail but the extra positioning of the cages aren't of real concern to me. Got a pic of your 50cm?[/quote]ImageImage

_________________
Ahhh, coffee & carbon


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:05 am
Posts: 123
I'm 5'6.5" and I selected the 50cm after getting fitted. I got my saddle height at 74cm (top of seat - middle of bb), stem 110mm, 170mm crank legs, and the bike fits perfectly.

Image

_________________
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01


Last edited by PinaF8 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:36 pm
Posts: 723
You are 5'-6.5" and have a saddle height of 84cm? You must have extremely long legs for your height. Or is that a typo?
Edit: I can not see your photograph.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:25 am
Posts: 27
Location: NoCA
PinaF8 wrote:
I'm 5'6.5" and I selected the 50cm after getting fitted. I got my saddle height at 84cm, stem 110mm, 170mm crank legs, and the bike fits perfectly.

Image


Wow, that's quite a saddle height! Is that accurate? Pics of this set up please if possible as the image didn't come through.
It sounds like I can really go either way. The kicker is that the 47 is in the color I prefer more (BoB) vs the yellow fluo In the 50 (my second color pref).


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:25 am
Posts: 27
Location: NoCA
TwinSpokes21 wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:
I'm 5'6.5" and I selected the 50cm after getting fitted. I got my saddle height at 84cm, stem 110mm, 170mm crank legs, and the bike fits perfectly.

Image


Wow, that's quite a saddle height! Is that accurate? Pics of this set up please if possible as the image didn't come through.
It sounds like I can really go either way. The kicker is that the 47 is in the color I prefer more (BoB) vs the yellow fluo In the 50 (my second color pref).


PinaF8, actually now I can see the picture...thanks. Noted the S-Works in the back...what size do you ride in that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:50 pm
Posts: 47
Location: Boston, MA
I have a 47cm F8 my colorway and used to have a 46.5cm Dogma 65.1. I really like the 47 much better for fit. My saddle height is 86.5 and run a 110 stem. Just so you are aware, you can't use the EE Cycle brakes on these, which is a shame. Also 25mm tires is probably the widest you can get. I run mine with Enve 4.5 and there is barely enough clearance.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:05 am
Posts: 123
TwinSpokes21 wrote:
TwinSpokes21 wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:
I'm 5'6.5" and I selected the 50cm after getting fitted. I got my saddle height at 84cm, stem 110mm, 170mm crank legs, and the bike fits perfectly.

Image


Wow, that's quite a saddle height! Is that accurate? Pics of this set up please if possible as the image didn't come through.
It sounds like I can really go either way. The kicker is that the 47 is in the color I prefer more (BoB) vs the yellow fluo In the 50 (my second color pref).


PinaF8, actually now I can see the picture...thanks. Noted the S-Works in the back...what size do you ride in that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



That venge is a 49cm but I wish I had gotten a 52cm.

For your height I would definitely go for the 50cm.

_________________
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01


Top
   
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:54 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:25 am
Posts: 27
Location: NoCA
jwp75 wrote:
I have a 47cm F8 my colorway and used to have a 46.5cm Dogma 65.1. I really like the 47 much better for fit. My saddle height is 86.5 and run a 110 stem. Just so you are aware, you can't use the EE Cycle brakes on these, which is a shame. Also 25mm tires is probably the widest you can get. I run mine with Enve 4.5 and there is barely enough clearance.


Would love to see a pic if possible. Wow, so that's another really long saddle height...similar to another poster. We are all measuring top of saddle to BB center right?!?! How tall are you?

Will likely run my Zipp 303 FC's for now on these but was considering 4.5's...thanks for the insight on the tight tolerances.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Pinarello dogma upgrade ,

in Road

SNUGSHIP

10

1371

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:52 pm

audiojan View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Pinarello DOGMA F8 + HED Stinger 4 clearance issues

in Road

xmashx

11

1210

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:57 pm

xmashx View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Most Tiger Aero stem VS Pinarello Dogma 65.1

in Road

Dakingrocco

2

746

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:03 am

Dakingrocco View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Pinarello Dogma F10 Disc - 820gr possible? Real world numbers or BS?

in Road

alcatraz

5

879

Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:44 am

maxxevv View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Dogma F10 Frame

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 ]

in Road

Bridgeman

48

6035

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:37 pm

RyanH View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], glam2deaf, Google Adsense [Bot], kookie and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited