Pinarello Dogma F8 Size 47 - Help!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

Hey guys, any Dogma owners out there riding the 47cm? I've done some research, read a few things on this site and others, etc...Really interested in getting some feedback from those who went with a 47 vs the 50 or even the 51.5 for that matter (though I think the 51.5 would be a stretch, litterally). Without getting into the gritty details of fit as I know there are several factors and riding preferences that go into it, I'm between the 47 and 50 being 5'7", inseam of 30, reach of 60cm. I've spent a lot of time with my fitter and could really go either way. My fitter is leaning towards the 47 as it does have that extra 5cm on the head tube which would result in the very important looks dept with that much less in spacers :D Smaller frame, lower weight...BONUS :thumbup: :thumbup: Though I will lose that extra cage hole.

As a reference, I currently ride a 54 in an SWORKS Tarmac. I could have gone with a 52 (as I'm also between these sizes) but wanted that taller head tube at the time. I will say that I do feel slightly stretched (100 stem) but generally feel comfortable on it. But if I had to do it again, would probably go with a 52.

Would love feedback and would love to see some pics of Dogma's in the 47. Is the 'sloping' top tube that much more pronounced? Google image search isn't really clear to me if I'm looking at 47cm frames! Pics please!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ALS

by ALS

I'm the same height and I have a 47. I have saddle height of 70.04 and 100mm stem is slammed on 5mm top cap. If I get a F10 I would go down a size..

The slope is slightly more pronounced compared to other sizes with slightly longer head tube. I'll try to post a pic if I can find time...but don't gt your hopes up!

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

ALS wrote:I'm the same height and I have a 47. I have saddle height of 70.04 and 100mm stem is slammed on 5mm top cap. If I get a F10 I would go down a size..

The slope is slightly more pronounced compared to other sizes with slightly longer head tube. I'll try to post a pic if I can find time...but don't gt your hopes up!

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah my saddle height is 69...looks like we're pretty close on paper anyway. I'm measured for a 110 stem on this as my torso is longer. Interesting hat you would consider going down a size if you were to get the same frame...makes me think the 47 is the right size for me. Why specifically would you consider going down?

Would be great if you could post pics but PM me pics of easier. Thanks in advance and appreciate the insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WESTMOTORSPORTS

by WESTMOTORSPORTS

Here is my 47. My previous bike was a "small" Parlee z5 sli and the stack and reach numbers were within 1 or 2 mm.

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

WESTMOTORSPORTS wrote:Image

Here is my 47. My previous bike was a "small" Parlee z5 sli and the stack and reach numbers were within 1 or 2 mm.

Thanks for the pic...excellent build.
Fair to say that most of the smaller Dogma's have a slightly sloping top tube then...

beanbiken

by beanbiken

TwinSpokes21 wrote:
WESTMOTORSPORTS wrote:

Fair to say that most of the smaller Dogma's have a slightly sloping top tube then...

Believe it is from the 47 and smaller. My 50 has the "almost" level top tube but does not have the extra cage bolt on the seat tube that the larger frame sizes have.
BB

Coffee & carbon

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

beanbiken wrote:
TwinSpokes21 wrote:
WESTMOTORSPORTS wrote:

Believe it is from the 47 and smaller. My 50 has the "almost" level top tube but does not have the extra cage bolt on the seat tube that the larger frame sizes have.

Thought the 50's and up had the extra cage bolt. I appreciate PInarello's attention to detail but the extra positioning of the cages aren't of real concern to me. Got a pic of your 50cm?

beanbiken

by beanbiken

[/quote]Thought the 50's and up had the extra cage bolt. I appreciate PInarello's attention to detail but the extra positioning of the cages aren't of real concern to me. Got a pic of your 50cm?[/quote]ImageImage
BB

Coffee & carbon

PinaF8

by PinaF8

I'm 5'6.5" and I selected the 50cm after getting fitted. I got my saddle height at 74cm (top of seat - middle of bb), stem 110mm, 170mm crank legs, and the bike fits perfectly.

Last edited by PinaF8 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

fogman

by fogman

You are 5'-6.5" and have a saddle height of 84cm? You must have extremely long legs for your height. Or is that a typo?
Edit: I can not see your photograph.

It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

PinaF8 wrote:I'm 5'6.5" and I selected the 50cm after getting fitted. I got my saddle height at 84cm, stem 110mm, 170mm crank legs, and the bike fits perfectly.

Wow, that's quite a saddle height! Is that accurate? Pics of this set up please if possible as the image didn't come through.
It sounds like I can really go either way. The kicker is that the 47 is in the color I prefer more (BoB) vs the yellow fluo In the 50 (my second color pref).

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

TwinSpokes21 wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:I'm 5'6.5" and I selected the 50cm after getting fitted. I got my saddle height at 84cm, stem 110mm, 170mm crank legs, and the bike fits perfectly.

Wow, that's quite a saddle height! Is that accurate? Pics of this set up please if possible as the image didn't come through.
It sounds like I can really go either way. The kicker is that the 47 is in the color I prefer more (BoB) vs the yellow fluo In the 50 (my second color pref).

PinaF8, actually now I can see the picture...thanks. Noted the S-Works in the back...what size do you ride in that?

jwp75

by jwp75

I have a 47cm F8 my colorway and used to have a 46.5cm Dogma 65.1. I really like the 47 much better for fit. My saddle height is 86.5 and run a 110 stem. Just so you are aware, you can't use the EE Cycle brakes on these, which is a shame. Also 25mm tires is probably the widest you can get. I run mine with Enve 4.5 and there is barely enough clearance.

PinaF8

by PinaF8

TwinSpokes21 wrote:
TwinSpokes21 wrote:

PinaF8, actually now I can see the picture...thanks. Noted the S-Works in the back...what size do you ride in that?

That venge is a 49cm but I wish I had gotten a 52cm.

For your height I would definitely go for the 50cm.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

jwp75 wrote:I have a 47cm F8 my colorway and used to have a 46.5cm Dogma 65.1. I really like the 47 much better for fit. My saddle height is 86.5 and run a 110 stem. Just so you are aware, you can't use the EE Cycle brakes on these, which is a shame. Also 25mm tires is probably the widest you can get. I run mine with Enve 4.5 and there is barely enough clearance.

Would love to see a pic if possible. Wow, so that's another really long saddle height...similar to another poster. We are all measuring top of saddle to BB center right?!?! How tall are you?

Will likely run my Zipp 303 FC's for now on these but was considering 4.5's...thanks for the insight on the tight tolerances.