spider for k-force light crank arms other than power2max?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lovemyway

by lovemyway

Hey guys,

I'm considering swapping my power2max type S for K-Force Light arms with the NG for Specialized (for my next build). That would leave me with the K-Force Light crank arms in 180mm laying around. I could potentially sell them but I guess finding someone for 180mm would be super hard.

The other thing I could (?) do is finding a replacement spider for these arms and use them on the old bike, but I have no clue if such a spider even exists. I've emailed power2max asking about that but they just replied "No sorry I have no idea and we have no separate spider for this special kind of crank.".

I also messaged FSA on Facebook, maybe this'll help. Maybe there's some universal spider for these cranks? I don't really believe these crank arms were made to work with power2max spider only.

Best,
Marcin
Attachments
FSA K Force Light BB386EVO cranks without spider
FSA K Force Light BB386EVO cranks without spider

lovemyway

by lovemyway

I got this figured out.. That's the reply from FSA:
fsa wrote:The arms of KForce P2M are particularly designed for Power2Max spider.

So you have to contact them to have a new spider since we don't produce a fittable spider.

The power2max says they don't have a separate spider, unlike the ones for Rotor crank arms.. http://www.power2max.com/northamerica/p ... s/spiders/

Is there some sort of universal spider for this case or would I have to CNC one for myself?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com