Lynskey charges $195 to prep the frame for SRAM eTap

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WonderSausage

by WonderSausage

Note that this is not the same as leaving the cable guides off the frame, that's a separate option.

Does Lynskey have no idea what eTap is? Or are they trying to make a quick buck off of ignorant buyers?

chazmtb

by chazmtb

I'd like to see the official response to this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

F45

by F45

I wouldn't trust a company that twists their tubes for no good reason.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

What on Earth is there to prep? That's the whole point of eTap.

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

WonderSausage wrote:Note that this is not the same as leaving the cable guides off the frame, that's a separate option.

In the image you posted there I see 4 options, with the top one being "No Electronic Shifting Needed". Is that what you mean by "Note that this is not the same as leaving the cable guides off the frame, that's a separate option", or is there a 5th option that just wasn't visible in the image you posted?

Not doubting you, just want to make sure I understand their options and descriptions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

This is a typo by their web developers. eTap from drop-down should have been removed. Charging $200 for electronic shifting (e.g. Shimano Di2, Campagnolo EPS) is a fair price. Take a look at the price list from http://gunnarbikes.com/site/bikes/roadie. They also charge for $200 electronics shifting upgrade. Reach out to Lynskey and point out the typo in the drop-down menu. Those people have no idea what that eTap is wireless, yet labeled as electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder