eBay titanium skewer

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

goleafsgo5

by goleafsgo5

Hey guys question just need a pair of skewers (gold) anyone use the ones on eBay The cheap ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

No offense but I call it fleebay. Random sellers list unbranded products made in China mainland with non-existent quality assurance. You get what you pay for and won't even mention safety protocol. Do you love this sport? Do you love yourself? Strikethrough word "cheap".

Take a look at KCNC skewer http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/reviews- ... wer-review

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I have bought a pair. Totally not worth it (one of the rare products from ebay where I really say this), mainly because the clamping power is questionable at best and I really have an inner feeling they're not safe. Choose something lighter and more reliable (Tune DC14) or something slightly more heavy from the FWB review mpulsiv linked to.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Marin

by Marin

I have several, some are junk and some work very well.

Get J&L ones, these are ok.

Shrike

by Shrike

chris said on another thread that his Wiggle Lifeline ones work great and they're only 44g. Cheap too.

Definitely would go for those over an unknown.

alpinestar

by alpinestar

The ones from planet x are quite nice, been using these for 2 years. They are also 44 grams http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/WSPXTISTQR ... bon-levers

Gavf

by Gavf

Don't know what ones are being sold on ebay, but if they are the most popular light weight CNC skewers that most firms take and then re-brand, that look like the below picture

http://imgur.com/a/YiQwQ

Then they are great and weigh 48 grams and should cost no more than 12-14 quid delivered.

If you are in the UK, just order these...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-profes ... kewer-set/

goleafsgo5

by goleafsgo5

Those are the ones I have almost positive

stockae92

by stockae92

I got KCNC, no complains :)

Gavf

by Gavf

stockae92 wrote:I got KCNC, no complains :)

Apart from you got ripped off!

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

+1 for KCNC. Training and racing for years with no problems. If you complain about KCNC then it's user error. Don't give up on products. Evaluate functionality and apply fundamental logic when you work with products.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

Gavf

by Gavf

mpulsiv wrote:

+1 for KCNC. Training and racing for years with no problems. If you complain about KCNC then it's user error

The absolute and fundamental problem with them, are they are an absolute rip-off and no better than products that sell for £12.

Fact and you well never show otherwise. :lol:

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Gavf wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

+1 for KCNC. Training and racing for years with no problems. If you complain about KCNC then it's user error

The absolute and fundamental problem with them, are they are an absolute rip-off and no better than products that sell for £12.

You must not love cycling nor yourself. If you do, "cheap" and "rip-off" would be eliminated from your dictionary. You get what you pay for. Do you happen to ride £300 bike?
I have nothing against "cheap" and "rip-off" but not for something I love.

Gavf

by Gavf

mpulsiv wrote:
Gavf wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

You must not love cycling nor yourself. If you do, "cheap" and "rip-off" would be eliminated from your dictionary. You get what you pay for. Do you happen to ride £300 bike?

This is the dichotomy with your reply, love of the sport/cycling and value for money, spending more more because brands tell you they are better, is not loving anything, it is corporatism.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Gavf wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:
Gavf wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:

This is the dichotomy with your reply, love of the sport/cycling and value for money, spending more more because brands tell you they are better, is not loving anything, it is corporatism.

Please don't bring "corporatism" word into this. I don't ride Colnago. I also don't ride £300 bike from department store and seek the unbranded cheapest parts from unknown origin, where quality control is non-existent. Do you realize that people on this forum are far from being frugal? Weight weenie is an expensive hobby and apparently extra £20 is a rip-off for you in contrast to £3000 Zipp wheels.