[EDITED] What are the most popular handlebars?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

evan326

by evan326

kkibbler wrote:Re. Easton ec90 aero
a narrow stem clamping portion that denies most Garmin mounting solutions.

My 42cm weighed 242g.

Thanks for the info.
I have been wanting to get an outfront mount so they may be out of the running.

DaReef

by DaReef

Zipp SL-70 aero. Love these bars. I really like riding on the flat tops and love the shape of the drops.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leejonggil

by leejonggil

profiledesign zerofive 40cm

Cheers!

by Cheers!

Easton EC90 SLX3

basurper

by basurper

Zipp SL-70 aero 44
Deda Presa 42
3T ergonova Team 42
Canyon integrated stem-bar 39

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

3T ergonova LTD 38

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

micro553

by micro553

eaglejackson wrote:Deda Superleggera 44cm. I tried a number of bars before settling on the Superleggera. One of my criteria was short reach. Di2 levers have a longer reach than mechanical ones, and I wanted a bar with a shorter reach to offset the longer reach of the Di2 levers. The Ergosum bars my bike came with have a much longer reach and I couldn't get comfortable in all the hand positions till I switched to shorter reach bar. I like the shape of the Superleggera a lot, especially the long radius of the top curve. I also tried the Deda Zero100 bars, which are also short reach (75mm). They are aluminum vs. the carbon Superleggera. I would prefer an aluminum bar for safety reasons, but after riding the Superleggera, I didn't like the shape / feel of the Zero100 nearly as much. The top bend is much smaller radius, and wasn't as comfortable to me.

I´m looking for Deda bar.

I was under the impression that the Superleggera and Zero100 Performence bar where the exakt same shape.

Looking for a Deda bar with short reatch and long in the drops. I run Enve Compact and the thing I don´t like is the short part to hold on when in the drops.

A bar like the Deda Zero100 Shallow seem nice BUT it seems like Campy levers get an odd angle. Can someone post a picture of Superleggera / Zero100 from the side with Campy levers :D

Thanks!

mythical

by mythical

My favorite handlebars are the Syntace Racelite2 Carbon's I use. I like them for their long 100mm reach, and they allow me to still easily ride in the drops.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

kgt

by kgt

Ritchey wcs evocurve since a couple of weeks. I like em so far.

rossjm11

by rossjm11

Pro Vibe Carbon 42
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

Fiery

by Fiery

prebsy wrote:Control viento CL because it's the only classic bend 38cm alloy bar

Any pictures?

Epic-o

by Epic-o

Wow, great diversity here. Thanks for the responses. I was asking this because I have to fit a number of riders with significantly different morphologies and preferences and I would to buy the cheapest versions of the most popular handlebars and see which one each rider likes the most.

I am going to change the topic title to "What are the most popular handlebars?" Sorry for that and please keep the answers coming.

Thanks! :D

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Epic-o wrote:I am going to change the topic title to "What are the most popular handlebars?" Sorry for that and please keep the answers coming.

Thanks! :D

Problem with that is it makes the previous responses seem strange.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, I don't think changing the title is going to get you anywhere... I think the way it was is best... so you can see what everyone is using then make up your own mind, if that was the intended purpose. What's the point of knowing what the most "popular" handlebars are, anyway. Do you want to buy the most "popular" handlebar, or the one that might best work for you? If the former, just go to your local dealer and buy whatever it is they sell the most of. If it's for you, you've got lots of ideas above and the rest of the decision is yours and yours alone.

edit: sorry, I didn't see your post two above before I posted this. But I'll leave my post here anyway. I think you've got plenty to research, and should really learn it on your own and come to your own conclusions, otherwise you'll just be fitting people based on what people on the internet told you in a thread you posted. Unless you want to stock every shape and size of bar out there just for demo fitting, it really does ultimately come down to a trial and error process. If you explain that to your clients I think it's a much better approach. Versus the all knowing, all seeing, "you must have this bar because I say so", approach. Guide them, and tell them your reasoning behind why you might recommend one bar over another, but the ultimate choice for a bar is really personal preference.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

micro553 wrote:A bar like the Deda Zero100 Shallow seem nice BUT it seems like Campy levers get an odd angle. Can someone post a picture of Superleggera / Zero100 from the side with Campy levers :D

Thanks!

Superleggera:

Zero100:

Sorry for the crap photo quality. As someone else said the Superleggera curves outwards more gradually, whereas the Zero100 has a squarer shape. Not much in it really.