[EDITED] What are the most popular handlebars?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

Ritchey WCS Neoclassic 42

Short reach, medium drop classic bend with suitably long flat ends. Super smooth transition from top of bend to brake lever body.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gsindela

by gsindela

3Pio wrote:Does anyone ride a Easrton EC90 SLX3 with Campy Levers?

There is a discount on chainreactioncycles.com, and seem that is nice shape and nice bar and also very lightweight (193gm in 42 c-c) and to be honest start thinking vs Fizik Cyrano Bull R1

Don't have them, but saw the deal at CRC. Awesome deal. Easton is top notch. If I were you, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. Edit: They also have a $15 off $125, so that gets them down to $130.49.
2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post

prebsy

by prebsy

Gazelleer wrote:Ritchey WCS Neoclassic 42

Short reach, medium drop classic bend with suitably long flat ends. Super smooth transition from top of bend to brake lever body.

The neoclassic is a gem. Do you have the alloy or the 2017 WCS carbon?

3Pio

by 3Pio

gsindela wrote:
3Pio wrote:Does anyone ride a Easrton EC90 SLX3 with Campy Levers?

There is a discount on chainreactioncycles.com, and seem that is nice shape and nice bar and also very lightweight (193gm in 42 c-c) and to be honest start thinking vs Fizik Cyrano Bull R1

Don't have them, but saw the deal at CRC. Awesome deal. Easton is top notch. If I were you, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. Edit: They also have a $15 off $125, so that gets them down to $130.49.

To be honest, i like the shape, weight of Eastons, and also like what i can read in reviews. But i dont like how they look like :)

Of course function first, but if it's possible to have both, that will be best :)

Since i think this many months, i have to decide between this:

1. Fizik Cyrano R1 Bull - Look gorgeus, not so light (207 gm for 42 cm c-c), but i hope that will add to stifness. Nice channels for cables, it will perfectly match my Fizik R1 Stem.

Im wondering why this bar is not more popular then it is? And cant decide how good match the Campagnolo shifters/hoods. I will hate if there is bump on transition, or if levers are too far away if i adjust without bump or based on hoods.

2. Ritchey SuperLogic Evo Curve - Light, stiff. I dont like the top shape backward (main issue for me), and also that there is no marks for the shifters. Graphics could be a bit better, but acceptable.

If i go this way, i'll keep my Fizik R1 Stem

3. Deda SuperLegerra RS - I like the grahpics, light. Seem that is a bit flexy. The main problem with this bar is because of internal routing, very limited adjustment of levers without cable beeing to squezed.

If i go Deda way, i could first get Deda Zero100, check how RHM work for me, then eventually upgrade to this. In both cases (Deda Zero 100 Handlebar or Superleggera), i'll use Deda Zero 100 Stem

4. Easton EC90 SLX3 - Stiff, light, very popular, and seem that match Campagnolo very well. But only thing i dont like is graphics :) Too noisy...

And if i go this way, i'll keep my Fizik R1 Stem.

So need to decide between this finally :)

3Pio

by 3Pio

Ok, im ordering Easton EC90SLX3.

Can someone confirm me how this bar is measured, center-center in hoods or drops?

I need 42 cm center-center in hoods. So to get this, do i need to order 42 cm or 44 cm?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mk/e ... nt=Default

3Pio

by 3Pio

Ok, seem that Easton changed the way of measuring their handlebars. On the older model like EC90 SLX3 they are measuring in drops, on the new models, they measured in hoods.

This is what i got from Easton: "The older bars were measured to the ends of the drops not at the hoods. So a 44cm bar at the hoods would be roughly 42.5-43 at the hoods. The bar you linked me was the older model that is measured this way."

So this wekened im ordering:

1.Easton EC90 SLX3

My shoulders are 42 cm. If i go for 44 version, i'll have 44 cm in drops, and 43 in hoods (a bit more then my shoulders)

If i go for 42 cm, then ill have 41 in the hoods , and 42 in the drops (in the hoods a bit less then my shoulders)

Which one to go? 42 or 44?

or

2. Deda Superleggera Handlebar

Here i'll go for 44 O-O which is 42 cm in hoods and in drops (complement my shoulders).

I want to use here Deda Zero 100 Stem, Black on Black (to complement decals on Bora One 35 Wheelset, and i like that dark gray decals).

Also if i go this way, i'll probably replace my Stock Colnago Seatpost for Deda Superleggero RS Seatpost, which also must complement the coloring scheme of stem and handlebar

Deda Superleggera comes in three colors: Limited RS (new color), Polished Black on Black, and Just Black

On some photos for Black colour scheme i can see the White lettering (which will not complement the BlackOnBlack Stem), and on some others it's Dark Gray (Which Will Complement BlackOnBlack Stem) even they are declared by same coloring Scheme (Black).

So does someone have idea why is this? Maybe the coloring changed from one year to another even they have the same "Black" word for describing?

And what coloring scheme for Deda's Superleggera Handlebar/Seatpost and Deda Zero 100 (This wil be definetly Black On Black) will be best for my C60 MFRG?

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

prebsy wrote:
Gazelleer wrote:Ritchey WCS Neoclassic 42
The neoclassic is a gem. Do you have the alloy or the 2017 WCS carbon?

Alloy. Didn't know about the carbon. Will have a look at them, thanks!

I did have a look at the Solostreem integrated though, which copies the neoclassic shape within 2mm's:

EDIT: comparing them side by side I now see that the Solostreem has shorter flat ends than the Neoclassic which might be a problem for my hands; big hands...

BrunoDMS

by BrunoDMS

toshi wrote:Ritchey WCS Neo Classic 40.
Actual weight? Thanks
___

Sorry I don't speak English

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

Bigger Gear wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:57 pm
Ritchey WCS Curve alloy on 3 bikes, all 44cm. Enve Compact on 1 bike, 42cm. As I make replacements all my bars will migrate down to 42cm. I'm old school and always bought into the "open your chest" for breathing BS but reality is I've been riding wide bars my whole life. I like them a touch better for steep out of saddle climbing, but overall 42cm is a better fit.
Just saw this thread resurrection. As noted last year, I have slowly migrated from 44 c-c to 42 c-c (at the hoods) on all my bikes. I really like the Enve Compact bend, but those bars are mucho pricey. I have found a near exact match in a lightweight alloy is the Zipp Service Course SL-80. Enve reach is 79 mm, Zipp is 80, Enve drop is 127 mm, Zipp is 125. Side by side the transition from the tops to the hoods is almost identical as well. I'm very happy to find an alloy bar that is very close in geometry to the Enve. Now if we could just get a nice selection of high-end stems in 5 mm increments the world would be a much better place. 8)

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Calnago wrote:The Deda Zero 100, Superleggera, and Presa all share a very similar bend (RHM... I think that's Deda's abbreviation for "Rapid Hand Movement"). The Deda Zero100 SHALLOW is quite different, much more of a classic shape with a ramp downwards for placement of the levers (especially Campy) in the traditional type placement which allows for easy reach to the levers, even when in the drops. The ironic thing about Deda calling these SHALLOW is that they have a 135mm drop, deeper than any of the other bars I quoted above. I find the RHM bend favors a more flat (on top) transition to the levers, a shallower drop, but more difficult to reach the levers from the drops unless you're right up there in the hooks. Again, comes down to personal preference. I had the Presa's when they came out and could never get used to them. I didn't like the "squashed" part of the tops of the bars because you had to have them in exactly one place otherwise the edge was always bothering my palms. I like round top bars for that reason... you can tilt them exactly how you like and the grip on top is always the same.

Deda Zero100 SHALLOW from the side.... tips of Campy levers level with a line horizontal along the straight line edge of the flat drops. That's the other thing I really like about these bars... a flat straight area on the drops versus a constant curve to the very end....

Oh how I wish they did these in a 38cm c/c

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Cubist

by Cubist

topflightpro wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:40 pm
kkibbler wrote:easton ec90 aero
How do you like that? I've ordered the EC70 aero. It should be here this week.
I just put it on. 252 grams in 40cm width. No complaints so far. Looks really cool. Graphics are really understated and the shape fits me well. Little bit slippery on the tops for riding in the 'aero' position so I put a small amount of sticky tape on top. Highly recommended.

DaveS

by DaveS

I recently replaced my Easton ec70 bars in a 40cm width (211 grams) with ec90 in 38cm width (187 grams). Cuting 25mm off each end dropped another 10 grams.

I avoid bars with the ramp down bend.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

I got some Zipp sl-70 aero bars last year for my Propel.

They have been unexpectedly comfy and have great ergonomics with a very nice feel from the flat top bar section. I have 40cm bars, they feel narrow on the hoods, but the drops flare out. Took me a while to get used to it, but it feels good and is more aero.

I'd definitely recommend these if you want aero bars.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

GlasNago

by GlasNago

another vouch for Zipp contour sl.
3.990 kilo cannondale supersix himod (2016)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160600#p1549663