Looking for compact aluminum handlebar under ~260 grams

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

My Ritchey WCS Evo 42cm is 265 grams.
I'm looking at Zipp Service Course SL-80 listed as ~250 grams http://zipp.com/bars/service-course-sl-80---/#
What else is out there besides: Cinelli, Deda, 3T, Easton, FSA, Fi'zi:k, Shimano PRO
Remember, aluminum only.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kervelo

by kervelo

Check the 3T Ergosum Pro, 245g. It is a short drop, long reach model and I really like it. The Ergoterra is also quite similar, but it only has wider models.

The Ergosum graphics are a bit too loud, especially the white arc on the left side, but can easily be removed with acetone.

3Pio

by 3Pio

mpulsiv wrote:My Ritchey WCS Evo 42cm is 265 grams.
I'm looking at Zipp Service Course SL-80 listed as ~250 grams http://zipp.com/bars/service-course-sl-80---/#
What else is out there besides: Cinelli, Deda, 3T, Easton, FSA, Fi'zi:k, Shimano PRO
Remember, aluminum only.

I have Zipp Service Course Sl-80 in 42 cm c-c and actual weight is 264 gm

My friend have Fizik Cyrano R3 Bull and its 259 gm.

Why not carbon? Im in similar situation, but until now i cant find anything much ligher in alloy, so thinking to switch to carbon

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

cannondale c1 alloy compact road bars..

250 grams in 45cc (44 according to the manufacturer, but actually 45cc)

evan326

by evan326

My 42mm cannondale c1 bars are 240g on the nose. I just got a 44mm but haven't had a chance to weigh it yet. There are ones that pop up on ebay often.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

I just weighed my cannondale c1 (40cm c-c) and it's 241g. Message me if you are interested. ;) BTW the ritchey wcs curve is 235g.

3Pio

by 3Pio

nemeseri wrote:I just weighed my cannondale c1 (40cm c-c) and it's 241g. Message me if you are interested. ;) BTW the ritchey wcs curve is 235g.

How did u find that weight for Ritchey wcs curve? And in which size? I just checked, the listed weight is 253 gm for 42 c-c (i expect heavier actual weight)

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

3Pio wrote:
nemeseri wrote:I just weighed my cannondale c1 (40cm c-c) and it's 241g. Message me if you are interested. ;) BTW the ritchey wcs curve is 235g.

How did u find that weight for Ritchey wcs curve? And in which size? I just checked, the listed weight is 253 gm for 42 c-c (i expect heavier actual weight)

Don't ever trust manufacturer with listed weights. My Ritchey WCS Evo is listed 250 grams and it's 265 grams. Same thing with Zipp, ~ 15 grams weight discrepancy. The only place I trust is boutique https://fairwheelbikes.com/cockpit-seating

This is the reason I started this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

3Pio

by 3Pio

mpulsiv wrote:
3Pio wrote:

Don't ever trust manufacturer with listed weights. My Ritchey WCS Evo is listed 250 grams and it's 265 grams. Same thing with Zipp, ~ 15 grams weight discrepancy. The only place I trust is boutique https://fairwheelbikes.com/cockpit-seating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, i still wonder what is general opinion about Carbon vs Non Carbon handlebar in 2017?

Why u dont like a Carbon handlebar?

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

oh, and one more hint:

get the cheapest bartape from ebay. those weigh 33 grams in pair with end plugs! you can use either hair lacquer underneath the tape, or just tape it firmly, and it wont slip.

just the cheapest hit for "handlebar tape". around 1.5 usd.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

mpulsiv wrote:
3Pio wrote:How did u find that weight for Ritchey wcs curve? And in which size? I just checked, the listed weight is 253 gm for 42 c-c (i expect heavier actual weight)

You are right, I used the listed weight (here: https://ritcheylogic.com/wcs-curve-blatte-road-bar). I've never had anything from Ritchey that weighed more than their spec, but maybe I'm just lucky.

@3Pio: a lot of people don't like carbon cockpit components. Personally I use alloy stems and carbon handlebars, but I completely understand if somebody trusts alloy better.

3Pio

by 3Pio

It would be really good if someone can measure this Ritchey WCS Curve handlebar for actual weight. If it's really 235 gm, then maybe the best alloy compact hb.

About carbon vs alloy, im using alloy and no problems with comfort. But thinking to go to carbon because i want to shave some weight.Still did not switch to carbon, because i find out the very light ones are not stiff enough. And if i go to a bit heavier but stiff, then no weight saving that is worth to switch for

kgt

by kgt

My 42c-c wcs evocurve weights 253gr.
My 42c-c wcs classic weighted 239gr.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Pro vibe 7s.

evan326

by evan326

Here you go
Cannondale C1 42mm
Cannondale C1 44mm